On December 26, 2004, the Indian Ocean region Tsunami took more than 250,000 lives.
On December 26th, 1776, after crossing the Delaware River, Washington led his men against Hessian mercenary soldiers garrisoned at Trenton. After a brief battle, nearly the entire Hessian force was captured, with negligible losses to the Americans, significantly boosting their flagging morale.
Hooray! Brexit congrats to our readers in the United Kingdom. After four and a half years, you finally negotiated your way out of Burger King!
After a month-long hiatus, I just reactivated the order-taking system at Elk Creek Company — my sideline antique gun business. Please note that I’ve set special sale prices on nearly all of the rifles in our inventory. With the Biden Administration soon to take over the White House, is strongly recommend that you buy a couple of Federally exempt pre-1899 cartridge guns, as a strategic hedge. Why? Because you may soon have to make a lot of the other guns in your collection “disappear”.
SurvivalBlog Writing Contest
Today we present another entry for Round 92 of the SurvivalBlog non-fiction writing contest. The prizes for this round include:
- The photovoltaic power specialists at Quantum Harvest LLC are providing a store-wide 10% off coupon. Depending on the model chosen, this could be worth more than $2000.
- A Gunsite Academy Three Day Course Certificate. This can be used for any of their one, two, or three-day course (a $1,095 value),
- A course certificate from onPoint Tactical for the prize winner’s choice of three-day civilian courses, excluding those restricted for military or government teams. Three-day onPoint courses normally cost $795,
- DRD Tactical is providing a 5.56 NATO QD Billet upper. These have hammer forged, chrome-lined barrels and a hard case, to go with your own AR lower. It will allow any standard AR-type rifle to have a quick change barrel. This can be assembled in less than one minute without the use of any tools. It also provides a compact carry capability in a hard case or in 3-day pack (a $1,100 value),
- Two cases of Mountain House freeze-dried assorted entrees in #10 cans, courtesy of Ready Made Resources (a $350 value),
- A $250 gift certificate good for any product from Sunflower Ammo,
- American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) is providing a $300 certificate good towards any of their DVD training courses.
- A Front Sight Lifetime Diamond Membership, providing lifetime free training at any Front Sight Nevada course, with no limit on repeating classes. This prize is courtesy of a SurvivalBlog reader who prefers to be anonymous.
- A Glock form factor SIRT laser training pistol and a SIRT AR-15/M4 Laser Training Bolt, courtesy of Next Level Training, that have a combined retail value of $589,
- Two 1,000-foot spools of full mil-spec U.S.-made 750 paracord (in-stock colors only) from www.TOUGHGRID.com (a $240 value).
- Naturally Cozy is donating a “Prepper Pack” Menstrual Kit. This kit contains 18 pads and it comes vacuum-sealed for long term storage or slips easily into a bugout bag. The value of this kit is $220.
- An assortment of products along with a one-hour consultation on health and wellness from Pruitt’s Tree Resin (a $265 value).
- Three sets each of made-in-USA regular and wide-mouth reusable canning lids. (This is a total of 300 lids and 600 gaskets.) This prize is courtesy of Harvest Guard (a $270 value)
- A Royal Berkey water filter, courtesy of Directive 21 (a $275 value),
- Two Super Survival Pack seed collections, a $150 value, courtesy of Seed for Security, LLC,
- A transferable $150 purchase credit from Elk Creek Company, toward the purchase of any pre-1899 antique gun. There is no paperwork required for delivery of pre-1899 guns into most states, making them the last bastion of firearms purchasing privacy!
Round 92 ends on January 31, so get busy writing and e-mail us your entry. Remember that there is a 1,500-word minimum, and that articles on practical “how-to” skills for survival have an advantage in the judging.
What is less well known about the Delaware Crossing is that the it was overseen by Colonel John Glover…who a little over a year earlier (August 28-29) had overseen the evacuation of the American forces under Washington from Long Island across the East River, also on a treacherous, foggy night. One might almost speculate that Glover and Washington were being prepared for something on that August night in 1776.
IIRC Glover and his men´d experience with boats and honestly if Washington was n´t prepared for unfortunate events during the crossing he would´ve been a fool
BtW the “Hessians” weren´t mercenaries, they were soldiers rented . leased subsidizied from their goverment to the British Crown
Many of them were fishermen and sailors. One of the advantages of militia, or modern Reserve and Guardsmen, is that they bring additional skills to the table, separate from their military abilities.
And while Washington was no fool, he was, at the time, inexperienced as a strategic leader. Fortunately for us, he was also a fast learner, as well as a man of exceptional dedication and wisdom.
An Advantage not restricted to such forces
My family ([Familienname] Kunkel) were exactly those Hessian soldiers. Eventually taken prisoner at Saratoga, they sat out the rest of the war, and signed themselves into indentured servitude in Pennsylvania to avoid returning to the principality of Hesse after the war.
Glad to be here!
That was some excellent British humor. No I’m not British.
Rose, is right; The video is funny humor, and less than 2 minutes long. Brexit explained in terms of trying to leave a Burger King.
Brexit is the withdrawal of the United Kingdom (UK) from the European Union (EU) and the European Atomic Energy Community on 31 January 2020.< [Wikipedia. UK has NOT left Burger King just yet]
Rawles SurvivalBlog precepts, fits into the comments about 'Escape from New York City' [To borrow a movie term] during our USA Revolutionary War.
"IIRC Glover and his men´d experience with boats and honestly if Washington was n´t prepared for unfortunate events during the crossing he would´ve been a fool" (Comment by ThoDan)
"Many of them were fishermen and sailors. One of the advantages of militia, or modern Reserve and Guardsmen, is that they bring additional skills to the table, separate from their military abilities." (Comment by Francis Marion)
The following should be a famous statement by Rawles on The Precepts of Rawlesian Survivalist Philosophy. =
"Skills Beat Gadgets and Practicality Beats Style. The modern world is full of pundits, poseurs, and Mall Ninjas. Preparedness is not just about accumulating a pile of stuff. You need practical skills, and those only come with study, training, and practice. Any armchair survivalist can buy a set of stylish camouflage fatigues and an M4gery Carbine encrusted with umpteen accessories. Style points should not be mistaken for genuine skills and practicality."
Movie Predicts Very Bad Things in 2021: Songbird Review
(YouTube Video, 19:05)
Dec 22, 2020
Cell phone used to diagnose Flu, it has a thermal scanner, must scan every day or Dept of Sanitation pays you a visit.
Starting An Orchard from Cuttings
(YouTube Video, 9:59)
Dec 25, 2020
YouTube video, that absolutely needs watching. ~How to Prove a Mail In Ballot is Genuine, 3423~ Dec 26, 2020, The Still Report [Available on YouTube, at the moment]
The real deal; about 15 minutes long. … A simple solution to solving a ‘forensic’ problem. … Once the scientific proof is gathered, there’s a scientific and political problem.
Plus, the ‘forensic’ solution needs an honest Judicial System.
Shows the important part of an interview by Kevin Freeman of the ‘Economic War Room’ with Jovan Hutton Pulitzer. … There’s a scientific basis for doing a forensic examination of the ballots in the 2020 election. [The contested States need only this examination, which will only take a few days.]
Well worth the time in watching the video. … The point is made a number of times: NO need to go into codes. = The ballots themselves belong to the American People. So does the scanned images of the ballots.