On June 1st, 1942, seven months after the extermination of prisoners began, the Warsaw underground newspaper, the Liberty Brigade, made the public announcement of the gassing of tens of thousands of Jews at Chelmno, a Nazi-operated death camp in Poland. The story came from a young man, Emanuel Ringelblum, who had escaped the Chelmno death camp after being forced to bury bodies as they were thrown out of the gas vans. The West then knew the horrific truth about the slaughter of Jews.
SurvivalBlog Writing Contest
Today we present the first entry for Round 89 of the SurvivalBlog non-fiction writing contest. The prizes for this round include:
- A gift certificate from Quantum Harvest LLC (up to a $2,200 value) good for 12% off the purchase of any of their sun-tracking models, and 10% off the purchase price of any of their other models.
- A Gunsite Academy Three Day Course Certificate. This can be used for any one, two, or three day course (a $1,095 value),
- A course certificate from onPoint Tactical for the prize winner’s choice of three-day civilian courses, excluding those restricted for military or government teams. Three day onPoint courses normally cost $795,
- DRD Tactical is providing a 5.56 NATO QD Billet upper. These have hammer forged, chrome-lined barrels and a hard case, to go with your own AR lower. It will allow any standard AR-type rifle to have a quick change barrel. This can be assembled in less than one minute without the use of any tools. It also provides a compact carry capability in a hard case or in 3-day pack (an $1,100 value),
- Two cases of Mountain House freeze-dried assorted entrees in #10 cans, courtesy of Ready Made Resources (a $350 value),
- A $250 gift certificate good for any product from Sunflower Ammo,
- American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) is providing a $300 certificate good towards any of their DVD training courses.
- A Front Sight Lifetime Diamond Membership, providing lifetime free training at any Front Sight Nevada course, with no limit on repeating classes. This prize is courtesy of a SurvivalBlog reader who prefers to be anonymous.
- A Glock form factor SIRT laser training pistol and a SIRT AR-15/M4 Laser Training Bolt, courtesy of Next Level Training, which have a combined retail value of $589,
- A Three-Day Deluxe Emergency Kit from Emergency Essentials (a $190 value),
- Two 1,000-foot spools of full mil-spec U.S.-made 750 paracord (in-stock colors only) from www.TOUGHGRID.com (a $240 value).
- An assortment of products along with a one hour consultation on health and wellness from Pruitt’s Tree Resin (a $265 value).
- Three sets each of made-in-USA regular and wide-mouth reusable canning lids. (This is a total of 300 lids and 600 gaskets.) This prize is courtesy of Harvest Guard (a $270 value)
- A Royal Berkey water filter, courtesy of Directive 21 (a $275 value),
- Naturally Cozy is donating a “Prepper Pack” Menstrual Kit. This kit contains 18 pads and it comes vacuum sealed for long term storage or slips easily into a bugout bag. The value of this kit is $220.
- Two Super Survival Pack seed collections, a $150 value, courtesy of Seed for Security, LLC,
- A transferable $150 purchase credit from Elk Creek Company, toward the purchase of any pre-1899 antique gun. There is no paperwork required for delivery of pre-1899 guns into most states, making them the last bastion of firearms purchasing privacy!
Round 89 ends on July 31st, so get busy writing and e-mail us your entry. Remember that there is a 1,500-word minimum, and that articles on practical “how to” skills for survival have an advantage in the judging.
The 20th Century was a horrible period in many ways. The advent of industrial level war and genocide. Steel, chemistry, physics and industrial processes applied to human flesh on a level never seen before.
Hopefully the 21st Century won’t be quite as bad.
its not looking good right now….
Cognitive dissonance kills. Even when Jews were confronted with first hand accounts of the massacres, they refused to believe in 1942, and as late as March 1945, still boarding the boxcars. It’s the same cognitive dissonance that causes people to refuse to believe that we are already in a low-grade civil war right now. That bleating and shrieking over there in that far corner of the meadow? No, that’s no wolf pack. Sit back down and take a nap in the warm sunshine. The shepherd and the sheep dogs? Doing the same. See? Who you gonna believe? Me, or your lyin’ eyes?
I don’t mean to heartless but what happened in Europe 80 years ago pales in comparison to the mass murder presided over by the United States government and by extension the population.
What I’m referring to is the legally protected “institution” of abortion.
The National Socialists only managed 6 million. What is the abortion toll?
Chairman mao would approve.
i appreciate your directness about abortion which has killed roughly 50 million in just the USA alone, but WWII killed about 60 million folks not just the 6 million jews and others in the camps…
The jews and others in the camps could have defended themselves with whatever was at hand when they were rounded up.
The unborn have NO chance of defending themselves.
And lets not forget the thousands of Boer women and children the British rounded up and starved in concentration camps in South Africa during the Boer war of 1899.
The concentration camp was not a Nazi invention. The British used it in South Africa in 1899 to force the Boer men to stop fighting.
It helps to appreciate the desperateness of the situation. Beginning in the 1930s Jews (and other targeted groups) were considered second class and non-citizens. Many wisely fled the growing threat of Nazism only to find their places of refuge overrun by the Germans invasions of the following decade. Throughout German-held territories there was a deliberate plan to separate and disenfranchise targeted groups like Jews. Their property was seized and private ownership of most things was forbidden by law, not just guns, but jewelry, furs, radios, cash, goats, etc… Then they were ghettoized and that’s when transports and mass killings started. A few months later credible reports made their way to ghetto leaders who were faced with the grave responsibility of what to do with the knowledge. In most cases the ghetto councils were informed and debated the issue, but what was the use of telling people? There was no escape and little chance of taking an exhausted, hopeless, and starving group of civilians and putting up much of a fight. The vast majority of jews put on transports thought only that they were ‘going east’ to labor. Some had heard rumors of mass killings and gassing, but most knew nothing. Let’s also not forget that Jews represent only half those directly murdered by the Nazis in camps and actions. Given the profound isolation, illness, and poverty, the fact that there were resistance groups at all is remarkable.
You also seem to assume that all abortions are equal.