On February 29, 1996, the Siege of Sarajevo officially ends.
I’m pleased to announce the return of Steven Cochran’s monthly precious metals column, to SurvivalBlog. Steven is with of Gainesville Coins — not one of our advertisers, but a well-established and very reputable company. Take a look at their available coins and bars.
SurvivalBlog Writing Contest
Today we present another entry for Round 87 of the SurvivalBlog non-fiction writing contest. The more than $10,000 worth of prizes for this round include:
- A gift certificate from Quantum Harvest LLC (up to a $2,200 value) good for 12% off the purchase of any of their sun-tracking models, and 10% off the purchase price of any of their other models.
- A Gunsite Academy Three Day Course Certificate. This can be used for any one, two, or three day course (a $1,095 value),
- A course certificate from onPoint Tactical for the prize winner’s choice of three-day civilian courses, excluding those restricted for military or government teams. Three day onPoint courses normally cost $795,
- DRD Tactical is providing a 5.56 NATO QD Billet upper. These have hammer forged, chrome-lined barrels and a hard case, to go with your own AR lower. It will allow any standard AR-type rifle to have a quick change barrel. This can be assembled in less than one minute without the use of any tools. It also provides a compact carry capability in a hard case or in 3-day pack (an $1,100 value),
- Two cases of Mountain House freeze-dried assorted entrees in #10 cans, courtesy of Ready Made Resources (a $350 value),
- A $250 gift certificate good for any product from Sunflower Ammo,
- American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) is providing a $300 certificate good towards any of their DVD training courses.
- A Front Sight Lifetime Diamond Membership, providing lifetime free training at any Front Sight Nevada course, with no limit on repeating classes. This prize is courtesy of a SurvivalBlog reader who prefers to be anonymous.
- A Glock form factor SIRT laser training pistol and a SIRT AR-15/M4 Laser Training Bolt, courtesy of Next Level Training, which have a combined retail value of $589,
- A $300 purchase credit for any of the products from EMPShield.com
- A Three-Day Deluxe Emergency Kit from Emergency Essentials (a $190 value),
- Two 1,000-foot spools of full mil-spec U.S.-made 750 paracord (in-stock colors only) from www.TOUGHGRID.com (a $240 value).
- An assortment of products along with a one hour consultation on health and wellness from Pruitt’s Tree Resin (a $265 value).
- Good2GoCo.com is providing a $400 purchase credit at regular prices for the prize winner’s choice of either Wise Foods or Augason long term storage foods, in stackable buckets.
- Three sets each of made-in-USA regular and wide-mouth reusable canning lids. (This is a total of 300 lids and 600 gaskets.) This prize is courtesy of Harvest Guard (a $270 value)
- A Royal Berkey water filter, courtesy of Directive 21 (a $275 value),
- Naturally Cozy is donating a “Prepper Pack” Menstrual Kit. This kit contains 18 pads and it comes vacuum sealed for long term storage or slips easily into a bugout bag. The value of this kit is $220.
- Two Super Survival Pack seed collections, a $150 value, courtesy of Seed for Security, LLC,
- A transferable $100 purchase credit from Elk Creek Company, toward the purchase of any pre-1899 antique gun. There is no paperwork required for delivery of pre-1899 guns into most states, making them the last bastion of firearms purchasing privacy!
Round 87 ends on March 31st, so get busy writing and e-mail us your entry. Remember that there is a 1,500-word minimum, and that articles on practical “how to” skills for survival have an advantage in the judging.
Dr. Thomas Levy on the importance of Intravenous Vitamin C to support immune systems.
Video by Matt Bracken
Feb. 28, 2020
Matt Bracken predicts that the first outbreak in the U.S. is about a week away.
Two articles by Matt Bracken mentioned in the video:
Feb. 26, 2020
WILL CHINA WIN THE PANDEMIC WORLD WAR?
Feb. 27, 2020
CHINESE COVID-19 QUARANTINE RULES
I have been saying not to worry about the virus. I have been saying the virus is a paper tiger. I have been stating it’s a good idea to look to non paper masks for protection. I’ve been saying that buying food and precious metals was more important than buying one time use masks. I have been saying it was prudent to look at every source of data and keep your ear to the ground.
The Canadian government has started issuing statements about being stocked up for quarantine.
The CDC has changed the wording on its web site info from management of spread to personal care now… They are talking and subtle speak quarantine.
The who is warning of the spread of this thing using the pandemic key words.
The market is bouncing around (as of yet it’s still not an emergency on its own)
The American leadership is talking about how the American populace should not be panicked buying face masks.
I really hope that you have prepared your food supply and medical needs first.
I really hope that you have sharpened your knives and ordered extra ammo.
I really hope that you have taken care of your medications and medical needs first.
Cuz a pallet of masks and colodial silver will only let you be not sick while you and your city run short on food.
I truly hope that if you have a bug out location that you are ready to get there before the lock downs start.
I live in NYC. I will not be locked in to quarantine in NYC.
I wish y’all the best. I will see you on the other side of this. But as per my own opsec \ plan I’m going dark now till this blows over.
And I hope y’all the best
Feb. 28, 2020
Mike Adams starts at 38 minutes. CDC to begin testing soon, and more:
MichealSavage.com podcast playlist
Most Recent Podcast Topics:
Coronavirus a Real Threat PLUS Democrat Debate Notes
The Real Threat of Coronavirus and Bernie Sanders
When It Comes To Protection From The Coronavirus, You’re On Your Own
Forgot to mention that…
“Dr. Savage holds a master’s degree in medical botany and a second in medical anthropology. Additionally, he earned his PhD. from the University of California at Berkeley in epidemiology and nutrition sciences. He is an ardent conservationist, is dedicated to his family and is a proud patriot of his country.”
“Epidemiology is the branch of medical science that investigates all the factors that determine the presence or absence of diseases and disorders. Epidemiological research helps us to understand how many people have a disease or disorder, if those numbers are changing, and how the disorder affects our society and our economy.”
Podcast: James Wesley Rawles: Practical Coronavirus Preparation
Feb 29, 2020
Duration – 1:05:49
Decades ago, Americans wore white cotton [parade] gloves and carried white cotton handkerchiefs on a regular basis. Now that disposables are in short supply, I wonder if the cotton reusable gloves and handkerchiefs will come back into style. They are not as good at protection as the disposables, but are probably better than nothing???
I use a cotton reusable dust mask when mowing the yard, which is not as good as a N95, but probably better than nothing.