While salmon fishing near the Klondike River in Canada’s Yukon Territory on August 17th, 1896, George Carmack reportedly spotted nuggets of gold in a creek bed. His lucky discovery sparked the last great gold rush in the American West. His two companions later agreed that Skookum, Jim–Carmack’s brother-in-law, actually made the discovery.
The Philadephia police have fessed up to what really happened, in triggering a shootout and lengthy standoff earlier this week. They now admit that while exercising a court-issued warrant at one address, they decided to do a so-called “safety sweep” on a different house in the neighborhood, rented by a man named Maurice Hill. They entered without a warrant, because of some vague suspicion. Clearly, they did not have probable cause to enter and search that house. Merely living in the same neighborhood as a narcotics trafficker does not give the police carte blanche to bash in your door. I predict that some of the charges against Maurice Hill will eventually be dropped or at least greatly reduced. The Fruit of the Poisonous Tree Doctrine may also come into play, making anything found in the search of Hill’s home inadmissible as evidence. And the end result of the police over-reach is that the media and police are now screaming for more “gun control.” This is the worst police fiasco in the City of Brotherly Love since the time they firebombed the MOVE squatters, back in 1985.
SurvivalBlog Writing Contest
Today we present another entry for Round 84 of the SurvivalBlog non-fiction writing contest. The more than $12,000 worth of prizes for this round include:
- A $3,000 gift certificate towards a Sol-Ark Solar Generator from Veteran owned Portable Solar LLC. The only EMP Hardened Solar Generator System available to the public.
- A Gunsite Academy Three Day Course Certificate. This can be used for any one, two, or three day course (a $1,095 value),
- A course certificate from onPoint Tactical for the prize winner’s choice of three-day civilian courses, excluding those restricted for military or government teams. Three day onPoint courses normally cost $795,
- DRD Tactical is providing a 5.56 NATO QD Billet upper. These have hammer forged, chrome-lined barrels and a hard case, to go with your own AR lower. It will allow any standard AR-type rifle to have a quick change barrel. This can be assembled in less than one minute without the use of any tools. It also provides a compact carry capability in a hard case or in 3-day pack (an $1,100 value),
- Two cases of Mountain House freeze-dried assorted entrees in #10 cans, courtesy of Ready Made Resources (a $350 value),
- A $250 gift certificate good for any product from Sunflower Ammo,
- American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) is providing a $300 certificate good towards any of their DVD training courses.
- A gift certificate from Quantum Harvest LLC (up to a $2,200 value) good for 12% off the purchase of any of their sun-tracking models, and 10% off the purchase price of any of their other models.
- A Front Sight Lifetime Diamond Membership, providing lifetime free training at any Front Sight Nevada course, with no limit on repeating classes. This prize is courtesy of a SurvivalBlog reader who prefers to be anonymous.
- A Glock form factor SIRT laser training pistol and a SIRT AR-15/M4 Laser Training Bolt, courtesy of Next Level Training, which have a combined retail value of $589,
- A Three-Day Deluxe Emergency Kit from Emergency Essentials (a $190 value),
- Two 1,000-foot spools of full mil-spec U.S.-made 750 paracord (in-stock colors only) from www.TOUGHGRID.com (a $240 value).
- An assortment of products along with a one hour consultation on health and wellness from Pruitt’s Tree Resin (a $265 value).
- Good2GoCo.com is providing a $400 purchase credit at regular prices for the prize winner’s choice of either Wise Foods or Augason long term storage foods, in stackable buckets.
- Three sets each of made-in-USA regular and wide-mouth reusable canning lids. (This is a total of 300 lids and 600 gaskets.) This prize is courtesy of Harvest Guard (a $270 value)
- A Royal Berkey water filter, courtesy of Directive 21 (a $275 value),
- Expanded sets of both washable feminine pads and liners, donated by Naturally Cozy (a $185 retail value),
- Two Super Survival Pack seed collections, a $150 value, courtesy of Seed for Security, LLC,
- Mayflower Trading is donating a $200 gift certificate for homesteading appliances.
Round 84 ends on September 30th, so get busy writing and e-mail us your entry. Remember that there is a 1,500-word minimum, and that articles on practical “how to” skills for survival have an advantage in the judging.
Never under estimate the corrupt officials in philly. He will be charged regardless of any errors on the part philly PD. He will probably have a public defender who will try to talk him into a plea deal. Any court relief will have to come from federal judges not from philly ones.
About 20 years ago I got a letter in the mail from the city of Philidelphia stating that I did not pay a parking ticket. Odd since I have never been to the city in my life. Long story short it was a revenue producing scam run by the city.
Needless to say those officers were also victims of the citys catch and release policy the liberals love so much. He had a rap sheet as long as your arm and why is he out roaming the streets?
Why feed the paranoid with this bit on the Philly shooter? He was a convicted felon, going back to his teens, and a Jihadi . Check out the story on him at Jihad Watch
His criminal record was not the issue. I realize that I have a different outlook on this case than most other conservative commentators. But fundamental rights are inviolate. A man’s home is his castle. You don’t enter it on a whim or on a hunch, without a warrant.
JWR,Suprised at your acknowledgment of the police criminal conduct in this case,it is very common activity by police. The crimes will be most vigorously suppressed and the legal precedent of “fruit of a poison tree” has been mostly rejected if it interferes with the prosecutions goals,the same has been done to 1000 years of legal precedent with regards to habeus corpus,hearsay testimony,prosecutors subborning perjury,falsfying evidence,withholding exculpatory evidence and the list goes on. Our criminal system has become mostly a farce with the profit motive of private prisons and theft from prisoners-see the Sheriff in the south that starved his prisoners to steal the food money-or forced labor for pennies a hour . I hope this understanding on your part continues. At the same time this was happening a similar incident happened in the Chicago
suburbs but the local police had a tank to end the situation.
Would like to know the police round count with the press reporting a hail of gunfire as approximately 100 rounds.
>Would like to know the police round count with the press reporting a hail of gunfire as approximately 100 rounds.
It was reported that 30 officers discharged their weapons and by department policy had to be debriefed. If they all just emptied ONE 15-round magazine, then that would have been 450 rounds. I suspect that if someone were to pick up all the brass, we’d see that at lest 600 rounds were fired.
The PD had no right, or reason to enter. They likely consider a ‘safety sweep’ routine. They will probably say what they want, and get away with most of it. Practice makes perfect.
I’ve seen police reports completely fabricated from start to finish, and used to convict. Some of this stems from narcotics training. Some departments train officers to lie as a tool to be used during a narcotics investigation. The training can spill over to other parts of the process, and divisions, traveling with the former narcotics officer as he is promoted, and used when it is no longer ‘ethical’, as it becomes quietly accepted, or condoned as SOP, and ‘routine’. Why? Because it works! And some will lie at will, simply because they can, under their unspoken liars rule #1, that ‘he who lies best, wins the most.’ For them it is a way of life, and how they got the job. Yes, it goes to extremes. Yes, it is hard to believe. We want to believe that they who have authority over us, that those who have a badge of credibility, are actually honest. We remember the good old days, and although they may have similar uniforms, and the job, they are not the same. Some are. Some are not. Most courts assumes all are, or give them the benefit the of doubt. Because it is easier that way.
Some agencies or departments are more ethical than others. Some officers are more ethical than others. Some officers are highly ethical. I know that this will shock and anger some folks, because it challenges their preconceptions. Many officers haven’t seen this, and do not wish to be painted with the same brush, and don’t deserve to be. They are the ones who should be rewarded, and promoted. As without those precious few virtuous, it will only be, and get worse. They are the unwitting heroes. And hopefully they will not become a victim. Your virtue can make you a target. Beware. I’ve seen what can happen to the good guys. Not good. I also believe that this has happened to our military as well. Not all guys in uniform, any uniform, are the good guys.
Yet I have seen ‘stuff’ that I will not talk about, the really bad ‘stuff’. What is being said here is the mild ‘stuff’, that few will talk about, because it would not be accepted or polite. The bad ‘stuff’ is too much. Where the courts are the most liberal, is where law enforcement is least ethical. Power corrupts. All government needs to be put back on a very short leash. But before that can happen, the people themselves must repent.
That is a very good dissertation on the subject,TR. As for people repenting, there are those who will are so blinded to the lead of the devil that they will never repent.
Joh 16:2 ISV -You’ll be thrown out of the synagogues. Yes, a time is coming when the one who kills you will think he’s serving God.
This being a prime example. Unfortunate, but we know The Book to be rather uncanny in Telling it like it truly is.
We must be prepared to deal with that evil.
Yes, God’s word “is uncanny in telling it truly is”. Having seen so much, I can confirm that is a spiritual problem. A person will be guilded spiritually, and must choose between good and evil. If the default choice is making no choice, then they will be lost, and given to evil spirits. Should the Lord dwell in that heart, then they will be guild by His spirit. Who shall we trust in the bloody and treacherous days ahead? Chose wisely, ask for discernment.
Determine how pure is their heart. Purity is cherish by God for good reason.
Submit therefore to God Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
I end with this fitting verse, a warning to all Christian patriots:
“Beware of false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.…
Who will you trust?
You speak well, Tunnel Rabbit. This especially: Your virtue can make you a target. Beware. I’ve seen what can happen to the good guys. Not good. I also believe that this has happened to our military as well. Not all guys in uniform, any uniform, are the good guys.
I learned fifty years ago, to my dismay, the same thing about my fellow Marines. Discerning the ones I could trust was a steep learning curve.
I tell the high school students I speak to the same thing you say. Wearing a uniform does not make man a hero or even a good guy. I hope some of them really hear the message.
It is sad, and dangerous. Just because a person looks like you, does not mean they think like you. I often pray for the Discernment of Spirits. Whether they profess Christianity or not, it is a spiritual problem.
Uniforms do not make the man, the man makes the uniform, regardless of age. I have had plenty of experience with uniforms of all kinds, and ranks, and I too, learned the hard way. Thankfully now when the risk is low, rather than latter. The percentage of good guys in the military is greater, yet it is still small in my experience, and smaller yet, today.
Those in uniform are often accustomed to the camouflage it can provide them socially. ‘Patriots’ come in all shapes and sizes. A dd214 tells me little about the man, but it does tell me what he can do.
This guy most likely should not have had the guns he did, possibly should have been locked up, but a duffel bag for probable cause? He could have been doing laundry. If they didn’t illegally enter his home nobody would have been shot. Wiping their feet on the constitution has got to stop. Knee jerk legislation goes against the principles this country was founded on, Don’t let it happen.