On February 5th, 1988 two indictments were unsealed, accusing Panamanian General Manuel Noriega of drug trafficking and bribery.
Warning! The private party gun transfer ban bills (H.R. 8 and its Senate equivalent, S.42) appear to be on the fast track through committees and passage. Please contact both of your U.S. Senators and remind them that this bill is unconstitutional. This law would essentially end the privacy of firearms ownership. Nearly all modern gun transfers would have to go through an FFL, (for a fee) with an FBI background check. Whether it is a sale, a gift, a trade, or a loan, all gun transfers would have to be “papered” on a ATF Form 4473. The only exceptions would be gifts (not sales) within an immediate family, and transfers of antique (pre-1899 manufactured) guns. All other transfers would require a background check and completion of an ATF Form 4473. At last count H.R. 8 has 229 co-sponsors, and S.42 had 41 co-sponsors. That is already enough to get it through the House, and just 10 more senators voting for it would assure passage on the Senate side. This is a huge threat to our firearms freedom. Call and write your Senators, often!
SurvivalBlog Writing Contest
Today we present the first entry for Round 81 of the SurvivalBlog non-fiction writing contest. The nearly $11,000 worth of prizes for this round include:
- A $3000 gift certificate towards a Sol-Ark Solar Generator from Veteran owned Portable Solar LLC. The only EMP Hardened Solar Generator System available to the public.
- A Gunsite Academy Three Day Course Certificate. This can be used for any one, two, or three day course (a $1,095 value),
- A course certificate from onPoint Tactical for the prize winner’s choice of three-day civilian courses, excluding those restricted for military or government teams. Three day onPoint courses normally cost $795,
- DRD Tactical is providing a 5.56 NATO QD Billet upper. These have hammer forged, chrome-lined barrels and a hard case, to go with your own AR lower. It will allow any standard AR-type rifle to have a quick change barrel. This can be assembled in less than one minute without the use of any tools. It also provides a compact carry capability in a hard case or in 3-day pack (an $1,100 value),
- Two cases of Mountain House freeze-dried assorted entrees in #10 cans, courtesy of Ready Made Resources (a $350 value),
- A $250 gift certificate good for any product from Sunflower Ammo,
- American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) is providing a $300 certificate good towards any of their DVD training courses.
- A Model 175 Series Solar Generator provided by Quantum Harvest LLC (a $439 value),
- A Glock form factor SIRT laser training pistol and a SIRT AR-15/M4 Laser Training Bolt, courtesy of Next Level Training, which have a combined retail value of $589,
- A gift certificate for any two or three-day class from Max Velocity Tactical (a $600 value),
- A Three-Day Deluxe Emergency Kit from Emergency Essentials (a $190 value),
- Two 1,000-foot spools of full mil-spec U.S.-made 750 paracord (in-stock colors only) from www.TOUGHGRID.com (a $240 value).
- An assortment of products along with a one hour consultation on health and wellness from Pruitt’s Tree Resin (a $265 value).
- A Royal Berkey water filter, courtesy of Directive 21 (a $275 value),
- A large handmade clothes drying rack, a washboard, and a Homesteading for Beginners DVD, all courtesy of The Homestead Store, with a combined value of $206,
- Expanded sets of both washable feminine pads and liners, donated by Naturally Cozy (a $185 retail value),
- Two Super Survival Pack seed collections, a $150 value, courtesy of Seed for Security, LLC,
- Mayflower Trading is donating a $200 gift certificate for homesteading appliances.
Round 81 ends on March 28th, so get busy writing and e-mail us your entry. Remember that there is a 1,500-word minimum, and that articles on practical “how to” skills for survival have an advantage in the judging.
Forget sicko govrats !!! Contact a lawyer!!! Nothing stops if we don’t stop it. Stop being lazy. Save your own a**.
It would be nice to live in a country where we do not have to lock our doors at night , or not have to be armed whether a firearm or a knife , But this is not the reality we are in today , and i ask the question Why do so many individuals think that people should not be armed in today,s society ? I live in a country ( Canada )where the laws are extremely strict , where firearms have always been a part of our lives whether sports shooting competition , hunting etc or protection … so why is it so many want to take away our God given right ? is it these people are against God? , Guns? , Protection ? ….. I would love to hear a logical answer why they insist on taking away that right … and while they are pondering this question , maybe they should ask themselves a more to the point question do they think that some miracle is going to save them while someone breaks into their home with a gun or knife in hand ? or do they beleive it can never happen to them or the police will catch this person before the act ???? , I shake my head . jmo
Government can NEVER “take away” an inherent right. You have the right to life, liberty, and property because you exist as a sovereign human being on this planet. Your inherent rights includes the defense of those rights. Government can only TRY to restrict the free exercise of your inherent rights, but that is only if you let them.
Don’t let them.
M+ Christ told us to be humble, not doormat! Personal preference…shoot to wound, apply first aid.
Father C…Airborne Catholic Chaplain
We are born with inherent rights. Bestowed upon us by God. It is one of governments prime jobs to Protect those rights.
The citizens elect people to serve in governments to protect those rights. With the power of legislating to protect those rights, those same people have come to believe, falsely, that they are the providers of those rights.
Remember, we are the ones electing and keeping them in office and positions of power. Every single one must be removed from office, peacefully preferably, with extreme prejudice if need be. We will have our Constitutional Republic and country back.