SurvivalBlog’s editors are pleased to introduce a new classified ad service, designed specifically for individual preppers to list your personally-owned items and artisan skills/tools for exchange, sale, or as wanted. These classified ads are a way for the prepper community to reach other preppers with items that are valued by our community. Whether no longer needed because of an upgrade or excess supply or if created craftsmen/artisan pieces produced on the homestead, items can be listed by individuals for just $5 for 30 days.
Banner and text advertising are still available for professional services and companies. The new classified ads are intended for the use of individuals, NOT businesses.
To place a listing in the classifieds, use our automated service, where you provide a short description, contact information, and a price. Note: Do not put a Dollar sign ($) in front of the price in the “Price” field. The want posting system does that automatically. Please put a WTB, WTS, or WTT in front of your ad title. (Those stand for Want To Buy, Want To Sell, or Want To Trade.) You will also have the option of including up to six photos of the items listed in your ad. Then, it is up to you to handle inquiries directly. Like newspapers, SurvivalBlog is merely a conduit for connection and does not vet these items, advertisers, or the buyers. Remember, SurvivalBlog is a family-friendly site and the ads must fit within its parameters.
The prepper community now has a resource that is just for us with items that are most likely of interest to us, making this a win-win service. We are pleased to offer this service to the SurvivalBlog community because working within our community to make the exchange makes a lot of sense. Just remember to watch your OPSEC but still help out your “neighbors” through fair and informed exchange. This can be a win-win for many.
Note that SurvivalBlog is not responsible for any aspect of the transactions, products, or services that result from ads placed through the classified service. It is merely a listing service. Caveat emptor (buyer beware) applies in all transactions everywhere, including through SurvivalBlog Classifieds. However, it is our experience that the prepper community is a preferred environment in which to conduct business. Most folks here are polite and reputable. Enjoy this classified ad service!
We’ve started off with just a few categories, but will expand them as needed. This resource is for your benefit so let us know what you think!
- Artisan and Craftsman Works
- Books and Homeschooling
- Communications, Radios, and Computers
- Construction materials
- Farm and Ranch
- General Household
- Kitchen and Food
- Power Generation
- Real Estate
- Vehicles, RVs, and Trailers
- Weapons, Ammunition, and Hunting
- Yard and Garden
Acceptance Through Use
By posting or viewing a classified listing on the Sites (a “Listing” or “Listings”), you agree to be bound by all of the terms, conditions and notices contained or referenced in these Classified Terms. You should review the Classified Terms from time to time. SurvivalBlog.com may change any of the Classified Terms at any time and for any or no reason by posting revisions to the Sites. Your continued use of the Sites constitutes your acceptance of the revised Classified Terms. If you do not accept all of the Classified Terms, you are not authorized by SurvivalBlog.com to post or view any Listings.
The SurvivalBlog Classified Ad section of the Site is not directed to, or intended for use by, anyone under the age of eighteen (18). Individuals under the age of eighteen (18) are not authorized by Survivalblog.com to post or view Listings.
You must comply with the following rules when posting a Listing:
- Individual use: The Classified Ads are intended for use by survival minded individuals. You may not post a professional service or product of which you are running a business for. Professional goods and services are to use the Banner or Text Advertising services of SurvivalBlog.com.
- Contact Information: A working phone number and/or a valid email is required to post any listings. If the email is used in the email field, responses will be through the SurvivalBlog Classified Ad system. Emails and phone numbers may also be used in the listing description.
- Content: All listings must be in good taste and intended for the survival/prepper community. Listings may not contain and objectionable content (including, but not limited to, direct requests for money, gifts, or other items without an exchange for a good or service.), pranks, profanity, defamation, inappropriate images, inappropriate language, et cetera, as determined by Survivalblog.com in its sole discretion. Listings for massage services, adult goods or services are prohibited. All Listings must be for goods or services that are permitted by law. You are responsible for the content of your listing.
- Description: The content in your listing (including title, description, image, image captions, and any other information included with your listing) must be concise and limited to the specific goods offered for sale or trade. You may not list any unrelated information and/or keywords (including multiple items, brands, makes, models or locations) in the content of your listing as a means to generate unwarranted search results or to circumvent any other Posting Rule.
- Price: The price field on each listing must be the total selling price of the item; this means the price a person is expected to pay at the time of purchase. You may list additional payment information (such as monthly payments allowed, etc.) in the listing description. We do not allow auction listings on the Sites; however, we do allow auction announcements. All auction announcement listings must have a “buy it now” price in the listing price field. The “buy it now” price must be what the user is expected to pay for the item instead of bidding for the item at an auction. listings without a reasonable total selling price will be deleted without notification.
- Real Estate: Listings in the Real Estate category must be listed by the owner/seller and not a broker or realtor.
SurvivalBlog.com may at its discretion monitor the Classified Ads portion of the Site from time to time. SurvivalBlog.com may remove or disable listings that, in SurvivalBlog’s sole discretion, violate the Posting Rules identified within these Classified Ads Terms or which SurvivalBlog.com considers objectionable or in poor taste. SurvivalBlog.com may act to prevent anyone who violates these Classified Terms from posting or viewing Listings on the Site and may block access to the Site. SurvivalBlog.com reserves all other rights and remedies, including monetary damages, available to it under the law for violations herein. Please report all violations using the link provided with each Listing.
Because the site deals with what is considered “micropayments” by the financial processor, there will be no refunds given for any listing for any reason even if a listing is removed or canceled through no fault of the listing poster.
No Commercial Solicitation
Businesses may not contact Individual sellers to solicit commercial services or products.
SurvivalBlog.com is not involved in the actual transaction between a seller posting a listing for goods, services, offers, etc. and the consumer responding to the listing. SurvivalBlog.com does not have control over, and does not guarantee the quality, safety or legality of any of the goods, services, offers, etc. listed in listings posted on the Sites. SurvivalBlog.com does not make any representations or warranties concerning the ability of a seller to sell/promote the goods, services, offers, etc. listed in a listing. SurvivalBlog.com does not make any representations or warranties concerning the ability of a buyer to purchase any goods or services or that a seller and a buyer will actually complete a transaction. SurvivalBlog.com has no control and makes no representations concerning the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of any listings. The site is provided “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE.”
Limitation of Liability
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the SurvivalBlog.com, and its successors and assigns, from and against any and all costs, damages, whether such damages are direct or consequential, and expenses and fees, including reasonable attorney’s fees, incurred as a result of any claim, action, proceeding, or demand arising from any content or review posted by you, your use of the Sites or your breach of these terms.
No Promise of Results
SurvivalBlog.com does not represent or warrant that posting listings will result in a successful response or transaction. You acknowledge that the Site may not be accessible at all times, including during periods when a listing is scheduled for display. You use the Site at your own risk and without recourse to SurvivalBlog.com if your listing does not appear as scheduled, regardless of reason. SurvivalBlog.com does not warrant that the Site will operate error-free or that the SurvivalBlog.com’s servers are free from computer viruses or other harmful mechanisms. SurvivalBlog.com is not responsible for servicing or replacing any equipment or data from the use of the Site. The Site is provided as is, without any warranties of any kind. SurvivalBlog.com disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, including the warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
Notice of Risk
Please note that there are risks, including but not limited to the risk of physical harm, of dealing with strangers, underage persons, or people acting under false pretenses. You assume all risks associated with dealing with other users with whom you come in contact through the Site.
We hope that you take full advantage of our new classified ad service!