- 1 1/2 lbs lamb, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 tbs shortening
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 cups beef broth
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- 1/4 tsp marjoram leaves, crushed
- 1/8 tsp thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen peas, partially thawed
- 6 tbs flour
- In a large skillet or slow-cooking pot with a browning unit, brown meat in shortening.
- Combine browned meat in a slow-cooking pot with remaining ingredients except peas and flour.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or until meat and potatoes are done.
- Add the peas to the pot.
- Dissolve flour in 1/2 cup of cold water.
- Turn the control to high, cover and cook on high 15 to 20 minutes.
o o o
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!