Hang in there. Don’t gag on me. If you like yellow squash, you will love this. These are a low carb version of potato pancakes or potato hash browns. If you know me, I say that these are amazing! It’s much easier to pick squash than dig potatoes. When the squash are making, we are usually overrun with them. I usually cook six strips of bacon and use the grease from those to cook my squash pancakes.
- 12 cups yellow squash, grated
- 3 eggs
- onion powder, to taste
- flour (enough to make squash stick together; depends on how wet your squash is)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- butter or bacon grease (for pan frying)
- Mix eggs into grated squash.
- Add onion powder, salt, and pepper; stir gently.
- Add enough flour to make the squash stick together and enable molding into patties
- Heat butter or grease in a large fry pan.
- Mold large spoonsful of the squash mixture into patties and place in hot grease in fry pan.
- Fry both sides of patties until crispy brown, like potato pancakes. Remove to plate and repeat with remaining squash mixture.
o o o
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!