Round 65 of the SurvivalBlog Writing Contest is currently underway. This is your opportunity to wrap up your article and get it submitted to the editors of SurvivalBlog for inclusion into the contest. Here are a couple of reminders about the “rules”:
- You can only be awarded on of the top three prizes once per year. That means if you already won and it has been longer than a year, you can enter the contest again. Those who won “Honorable Mention” are still eligible at any time. In fact, you can win more than one Honorable Mention at a time. Round 64 had one author who entered two excellent articles and won Honorable Mention prizes for both of them, and he is still eligible for the top three prizes at any time (in the current contest round, and beyond.
- If you are worried about OPSEC, you can write under a pseudonym.
- Articles that focus on practical skills or instruction that is applicable to TEOTWAWKI get special judging consideration.
- You can include illustrations or pictures with your article.
See the full list of qualifications and rules as well as our past winners articles on our contest page.
Some Sample Ideas for Articles:
- Home-based businesses
- Tech articles on incorporating technology into your preparedness
- Managing your prep inventory
- Dealing with family members who don’t prepare for themselves
- OPSEC considerations
- Retreat security measures
- Traditional fieldcraft skills such as tracking, hunting, and fishing
- Experiences that have required you to implement your preps or skills
- Animal husbandry
- Getting Out Of Dodge (GOOD)
- Bugging In
- Firefighting techniques/skills/preps
- Digging or driving a well
- Traveling long distances in unusual ways
- Networking with other preppers
- and many more…
Take a look at those fantastic prizes (over $12,000 worth) and get your entry in to us!
One more reminder for those who have already won: If your prize package includes any gift certificates, then make sure you contact the company (o companies) and let them know how you want to redeem your prize(s).