- 8 unpeeled summer squash (about 1lb)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 small tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup chicken bouillon
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- Thinly slice the squash and sprinkle with salt.
- In a Crock-Pot, arrange alternate layers of squash with tomatoes, green pepper, and onions.
- Pour bouillon over all.
- Top with bacon, then bread crumbs.
- Cover pot and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
Makes 5 to 6 servings.
o o o
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!