- 2 lbs sliced beef or calves liver
- 4 slices of bacon, cut in half
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 (1-lb) can of stewed tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 small bay leaf
- Place liver in a slow cooking pot.
- Arrange bacon on top.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over liver.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, then remove bay leaf.
Makes 5 to 6 servings.
o o o
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!