- 6 medium yams or sweet potatoes
- 2 tbs butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tbs milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 4 oz smoky link sausage
- Wash yams and drain, but do not dry.
- Set yams in a Crock-Pot and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours (or until done).
- Cut the tops from the yams and carefully scoop out the centers and mash in a large bowl.
- Add butter, milk, egg, salt, and oregano to the mashed yams and beat until smooth.
- Add the sausage and mix well.
- Pile the mixture into the yam shells.
- Bake in an oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.
o o o
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!