- 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 lb leg of lamb
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
- 1 tbs dry mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp crushed rosemary leaves
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1/4 cup flour
- Rub all surfaces of the lamb with garlic.
- Mix mustard with salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary and lemon juice. Spread and pat herb mixture on the surface of the roast.
- Place roast on a metal rack in a pan or on a roasting pan and cover with aluminum foil.
- Cook at 400 F for about 90 minutes
- Remove foil and drain off the juices.
- Stir in the flour that has been dissolved in a small amount of water to the juices and return to the pot
- Cook on 450 uncovered for about 30 minutes or until well browned.
- Serve herbed sauce with the meat.
Makes 8 to 10 servings
o o o
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!