This one hits the spot for family gatherings or even gathering around to watch movies or sports events on television. It’s a little heartier and tastier than the basic recipe. Another variation we sometimes make is to substitute a can of meat/beef chili for the sausage and salsa/milk. However, we prefer this version best.
- 8 oz cooked turkey sausage crumbles
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese or Velveeta cheese substitute
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes and chile, undrained
- 3 Tbsp salsa or 2 Tbsp milk, depending on heat preference
- Brown sausage crumbles, drain on paper towels.
- Cube Velveeta cheese and place in a medium size microwaveable bowl
- Pour Rotel and salsa or milk over Velveeta cheese cubes
- Microwave on 50% power for 8-10 minutes, stirring every minute or two until the cheese has melted completely. Heat more if required.
- Add cooked sausage crumbles; stir gently.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips, tortillas, or pita bread. Also, can be used as a spicy cheese topping for taquitos, chimichangas, or burritos.
o o o
Useful Recipe and Cooking Links:
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!