- 1lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 to 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (8oz) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (16oz) cans kidney beans, drained
- In a skillet or slow-cooking pot with a browning unit, break up beef with a fork and cook until lightly browned
- Pour off excess fat.
- In a slow-cooking pot, combine meat with onion, salt, chili powder, bay leaf, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, and kidney beans.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove bay leaf.
Makes 6 to 7 servings.
o o o
Useful Recipe and Cooking Links:
Dutch oven recipesfrom Troop 26 in Parkville (PDF). Sent in by Keeper.
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlogreaders? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!