- 1½ cups flour
- 1¼ tsp soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs soft butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Sift flour, soda, salt, and spices.
- Combine pumpkin, sugar, buttermilk, and egg in a mixing bowl.
- Add dry ingredients and butter; beat until well blended.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread in a well-greased and floured 4 to 5 cup mold or a 1-lb coffee can; cover with foil.
- Place your rack in your slow-cooking pot.
- Pour 2 cups of hot water in the pot.
- Place covered bread container on the rack.
- Cover pot and cook on high 3 to 4 hours.
- Turn out on a cooling rack.
You can serve this warm or cool.
o o o
Useful Recipe and Cooking Links:
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!