- 4 tbs butter
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed of silver skin
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a Dutch oven or ovenproof skillet, heat butter and honey over medium heat, stirring to melt butter.
- Season pork with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and place in pan. Cook until underside is lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Turn pork, and cook until other side is browned, about 5 minutes more. Lower the heat if the honey begins to burn.
- Put pan in the oven, and roast until pork is just cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer pork to a plate.
- Add water to the pan, and stir over medium heat to scrape up all the browned bits. Add any accumulated pork juices from the plate, and simmer until sauce is reduced to about 1/2 cup. Slice pork on the diagonal, and serve drizzled with sauce.
o o o
Useful Recipe and Cooking Links
Now that it is “Hog Killin'” weather, here are a couple of more pork recipes for you.:
- Slow Cooker Texas Pulled Pork
- 33 (Surprisingly Easy) Recipes to Make You Say: “Pork. It’s What’s for Dinner.”
- Food Network Pork Recipes
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!