- 2 c. buckwheat flour
- 1 c. white flour
- ½ – 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ yeast cake (about 2¼ tsp. of modern, bottled yeast powder)
- 6 Tbsp. corn syrup (or use molasses)
- water to make batter
- Mix all ingredients, and let stand overnight at room temperature.
- If necessary, add more water and salt before cooking to create a fairly thin batter.
- Traditionally cooked on cast iron griddle that has been lightly greased with bacon fat.
- Cook on first side until holes stay open and the gloss is off. Then, flip and cook until the steam abates.
o o o
Useful Recipe and Cooking Links:
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!