This recipe yields about 2-2 ½ cups of sauce.
- 1 14-oz. can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
- 2 squares (2 oz) unsweetened chocolate
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- ½ to 1 cup HOT water
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Put condensed milk, chocolate, and salt in the top of a double boiler. Add water to the lower portion and heat water to boiling.
- Cook contents over rapidly boiling water, stirring often, until thick (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Slowly stir in hot water to desired constancy.
- Stir in vanilla extract; remove from heat and cool to use in recipes or as topping.
Note: If you have any leftover sauce, refrigerate it. If it becomes thicker than you like, just add more HOT water and thin to desired consistency.
o o o
Useful Recipe and Cooking Links:
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!