- 4 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 cup milk
- Fry bacon slowly; save grease.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, salt, and cornstarch. Mix thoroughly; add beaten egg and vinegar, mixing well again.
- Add milk, crumbled bacon, and bacon grease.
- Cook to a desired thickness.
- Cool before (or not) pouring over salad greens, such as one head of lettuce chopped, spinach, dandelion leaves, plantain (pig ear) leaves, and/or salad greens. In the spring time, this is great with dandelion or plantain.
We have a saying here: “Remember where the huskies go, so you don’t eat no yellow snow.” Wash your harvested, wild, spring greens thoroughly. This stores well under refrigeration.
o o o
Useful Recipe and Cooking Links:
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!