Hello Hugh, here is a simple and highly nutritious chocolate chick pea pudding recipe made from all food storage ingredients. The pudding has no beany taste, and if you have a Vitamix or blend the chick peas long enough in a regular blender there is no graininess. I also have used oats as a thickener, in case a person does not use flour or corn starch.
- 1-15 oz. can chick peas or garbanzo beans
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cups non fat powdered milk
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/4-1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. oats
- 1 Tsp. powdered egg
- berries ( optional)
- 1 Tbsp. oil or butter (optional)
- Drain and rinse the peas/beans three times.
- Combine remaining ingredients into Vitamix or blender; blend on high 3-5 minutes, until contents are smooth and no longer grainy.
- Prepare a double boiler. Alternatively, if you have no double boiler, place two dinner knives in the bottom of a cast iron skillet, add water to barely cover the knives. Place a medium-sized heavy sauce pan on top of the dinner knives.
- Pour blender contents into the top portion of the double boiler or the heavy sauce pan and heat over medium heat, stirring constantly until the pudding begins to thicken.
- Pour into serving cups or dishes.
o o o
Useful Recipe and Cooking Links:
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!