o o o
The recent frantic increase in gun sales in the United States is well justified. People are understandably concerned that their window of opportunity to buy battle rifles and magazines for their families may be closing–especially if Hitlery Clinton is elected. I’m presently in the process of consolidating my own collection to create better standardization. As part of that, I decided to auction one of my Saiga-12 shotguns, two Rhodesian FN/FALs builds, a Savage Model 110 .308, a PTR-91-GI, and a two M4s ARs. These are being sold by a friend of mine who has an FFL. He is also selling several unusual guns of his own, including a very scarce rotary magazine Johnson Model 1941 .30-06. You can see those auctions at his seller page at GunBroker.com. – JWR
o o o
Many SurvivalBlog readers have never clicked through the Writing Contest prize links before and are really unaware of the tremendous prizes that have been made available by the sponsors. We thought we would profile one prize each Tuesday and Thursday just to tease you with these fantastic prizes.
Today’s profile is the Tactical Self-Contained 2-Series Solar Power Generator system from Always Empowered. This solar generator has been developed in-house (not a Chinese import) and maintains a class-leading performance in solar generators. The SG2A is a durable, expandable, EMP shielded and reliable generator. It comes with 3 solar panels and a 1000 W inverter. Since it’s expandable, you can add to it at a later date should you choose to do so.
It is ruggedized and fully self-contained. When you buy it, it comes fully charged and ready to work. All you have to do is open the case up, place the panels in the sun, and snap them into the provided connectors. Turn the inverter on, and viola! you have household power!
Some of the specifications:
- 60 Watts of solar panel (three 20W panels)
- 120VAC Power output at 1000 Watts (2000 W surge)
- 50 AH battery capacity
- AGM sealed batter (maintenance free, doesn’t care how it’s positioned)
- 30A charge controller
- 3.5A automatic wall charger if you need to charge from regular household power.
- 250A ANL fuse for inverter protection.
- Weighs 90 lbs.
The system can be expanded with there SG1SB boost kits and there are many more features. Check it out at Always Empowered and get to writing that contest entry!
o o o
Today, we present another entry for Round 65 of the SurvivalBlog non-fiction writing contest. The nearly $12,000 worth of prizes for this round include:
- A Tactical Self-Contained 2-Series Solar Power Generator system from Always Empowered. This compact starter power system is packaged in a wheeled O.D. green EMP-shielded Pelican hard case (a $1,700 value),
- A Gunsite Academy Three Day Course Certificate that is good for any one, two, or three day course (a $1,195 value),
- A course certificate from onPoint Tactical for the prize winner’s choice of three-day civilian courses, excluding those restricted for military or government teams. Three day onPoint courses normally cost $795,
- DRD Tactical is providing a 5.56 NATO QD Billet upper with a hammer forged, chrome-lined barrel and a hard case to go with your own AR lower. It will allow any standard AR-type rifle to have a quick change barrel, which can be assembled in less than one minute without the use of any tools and a compact carry capability in a hard case or 3-day pack (an $1,100 value),
- Gun Mag Warehouse is providing 20 Magpul PMAG 30-rd Magazines (a value of $300) and a Gun Mag Warehouse T-Shirt; (an equivalent prize will be awarded for residents in states with magazine restrictions),
- Two cases of Mountain House freeze-dried assorted entrees in #10 cans, courtesy of Ready Made Resources (a $350 value),
- The Ark Institute is donating a non-GMO, non-hybrid vegetable seed package (enough for two families of four) plus seed storage materials, a CD-ROM of Geri Guidetti’s book “Build Your Ark! How to Prepare for Self Reliance in Uncertain Times”, and two bottles of Potassium Iodate (a $325 retail value),
- A $250 gift certificate good for any product from Sunflower Ammo,
- KellyKettleUSA.com is donating an AquaBrick water filtration kit with a retail value of $250, and
- Two cases of meals, Ready to Eat (MREs), courtesy of CampingSurvival.com (a $180 value).
- A Glock form factor SIRT laser training pistol and a SIRT AR-15/M4 Laser Training Bolt, courtesy of Next Level Training, which have a combined retail value of $589,
- A transferable certificate for a two-day Ultimate Bug Out Course from Florida Firearms Training (a $400 value),
- A Model 175 Series Solar Generator provided by Quantum Harvest LLC (a $439 value),
- A Trekker IV™ Four-Person Emergency Kit from Emergency Essentials (a $250 value),
- A $200 gift certificate good towards any books published by PrepperPress.com,
- A pre-selected assortment of military surplus gear from CJL Enterprize (a $300 value),
- RepackBox is providing a $300 gift certificate to their site, and
- American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) is providing a $300 certificate good towards any of their DVD training courses.
- A Royal Berkey water filter, courtesy of Directive 21 (a $275 value),
- A $245 gift certificate from custom knife-maker Jon Kelly Designs, of Eureka, Montana,
- A large handmade clothes drying rack, a washboard, and a Homesteading for Beginners DVD, all courtesy of The Homestead Store, with a combined value of $206,
- Expanded sets of both washable feminine pads and liners, donated by Naturally Cozy (a $185 retail value),
- Two Super Survival Pack seed collections, a $150 value, courtesy of Seed for Security, LLC,
- Mayflower Trading is donating a $200 gift certificate for homesteading appliances,
- Montie Gear is donating a Precision Rest (a $249 value), and
- Two 1,000-foot spools of full mil-spec U.S.-made 750 paracord (in-stock colors only) from www.TOUGHGRID.com (a $240 value).
Round 65 ends on July 31st, so get busy writing and e-mail us your entry. Remember that there is a 1,500-word minimum, and that articles on practical “how to” skills for survival have an advantage in the judging.