We’ve often been encouraged to look forward to the “joys” of Heaven, the final Home to all who follow Yeshua the Messiah. And we’ve been told that this joy will help get us through the trials and struggles of life.
While my prepping efforts have been to not arrive there unnecessarily early, I still ponder what lies ahead. One day last week I considered this “joy” and wanted to share my brief thoughts. The joy of Heaven is:
- The joy of recognition when we see our Creator and Redeemer face to face;
- The joy of adventure, as we move into what next God has for us to do;
- Joy of learning and discovering things new to us;
- The joy of relationships, reconnecting with family and friends lost to death, now reunited;
- The joy of beauty, reveling in the wonder of a world perfected, unfallen;
- Joy from music and singing the great truths and themes of all the world;
- Joy over the creativity that will bloom in us and others;
- Amazing joy in our health – that our bodies no longer decline and wither and age and become ill and broken (and we don’t need medications anymore!).
- And the joy that will doubtlessly come over us when we realize and we can no longer sin against God or others – that who we are has been purged of our propensity to fail.
“Weeping may endure for a night,
But joy comes in the morning.”
– Psalm 30:5
“…looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”
– Hebrews 12:2
Hard times ahead? Sure. But after that comes the Morning. Never forget. Never forget!
Trust God, and be prepared. We can do both.