Well, here it is folks: Yesterday (August 31, 2023), the Biden Regime announced that it is attempting to redefine “engaged in the business” of selling firearms, radically amplifying and expanding the wording of the Gun Control Act of 1968. This proposed rulemaking is a clear violation of the Second Amendment, the 4th Amendment, the 10th Amendment, the Interstate Commerce Clause, the Supreme Court’s 2022 Bruen decision, and the Separation of Powers clauses (Article I.S1.3.1) of the Constitution. (Only Congress can create new laws.) The 90-day comment period is now open.
Because the Bidenistas are likely to ignore the public’s objections received in the comments — just like they ignored then with their Chevron Deference-based rules on Bump Stocks, Frames/Receivers, Forced Rest Triggers, and Arm Braces — I anticipate that this 108-page proposed rule will become “law” before the end of 2023. This rule will absolutely destroy gun shows, as we now know them. (See the rule text.) Therefore, I strongly recommend that you accelerate your private party purchasing of guns to round out your personal collection — if your state law allows it. (Private party sales are still legal in about 33 States.) Plan to attend a lot of gun shows before the end of the year. Beware: The firearms purchase privacy window is about to close. So, stock up!
September is Kilted to Kick Cancer Month.
September is also National Preparedness Month — or, as some call it: “Preptember.”
Today we are also featuring the monthly precious metals review column that is kindly authored just for SurvivalBlog by Steven Cochran of Gainesville Coins. If you haven’t yet visited their website, then take a look. They have a geat selection of bullion and numismatic coins at very competitive prices.
SurvivalBlog Writing Contest
Today we present another entry for Round 108 of the SurvivalBlog non-fiction writing contest. The prizes for this round include:
- The photovoltaic power specialists at Quantum Harvest LLC are providing a store-wide 10% off coupon. Depending on the model chosen, this could be worth more than $2000.
- A Gunsite Academy Three Day Course Certificate. This can be used for any of their one, two, or three-day course (a $1,095 value),
- Two cases of Mountain House freeze-dried assorted entrees in #10 cans, courtesy of Ready Made Resources (a $350 value),
- A $250 gift certificate good for any product from Sunflower Ammo,
- American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) is providing a $300 certificate good towards any of their DVD training courses.
- Two sets of The Civil Defense Manual, (in two volumes) — a $193 value — kindly donated by the author, Jack Lawson.
- A SIRT STIC AR-15/M4 Laser Training Package, courtesy of Next Level Training, that has a combined retail value of $679
- Two 1,000-foot spools of full mil-spec U.S.-made 750 paracord (in-stock colors only) from www.TOUGHGRID.com (a $240 value).
- Two Super Survival Pack seed collections, a $150 value, courtesy of Seed for Security, LLC.
- Montana Survival Seed is providing a $225 gift code for any items on its website, including organic non-GMO seeds, fossils, 1812-1964 US silver, jewelry, botany books, and Montana beeswax.
- A transferable $150 FRN purchase credit from Elk Creek Company, toward the purchase of any pre-1899 antique gun. There is no paperwork required for delivery of pre-1899 guns into most states, making them the last bastion of firearms purchasing privacy!
- A $300 gift certificate from Good2Goco.com, good for any of their products: Home freeze dryers, pressure canners, Country Living grain mills, Emergency Essentials foods, and much more.
- Three sets each of made-in-USA regular and wide-mouth reusable canning lids. (This is a total of 300 lids and 600 gaskets.) This prize is courtesy of Harvest Guard (a $270 value)
- A Royal Berkey water filter, courtesy of Directive 21 (a $275 value),
- A transferable $150 FRN purchase credit from Elk Creek Company, toward the purchase of any pre-1899 antique gun.
More than $840,000 worth of prizes have been awarded since we started running this contest. We recently polled blog readers, asking for suggested article topics. Refer to that poll if you haven’t yet chosen an article topic. Round 108 ends on September 30th, so get busy writing and e-mail us your entry. Remember that there is a 1,500-word minimum, and that articles on practical “how-to” skills for survival have an advantage in the judging.