The following recipe for Zucchini Soup is from reader M.N.R. He says: “Super easy. No exact measurements needed.”
- Onion (I prefer a sweet onion such as Vidalia)
- Garlic to taste (I use 2 cloves sliced into tiny pieces)
- Two large potatoes (I use Yukons because they’re ready)
- Lots of sliced zucchini (A great way to use up those oversized zucchini)
- Salt to taste
- Put all ingredients in large saucepan.
- Add just enough water to cover.
- Boil until everything is soft.
- Pour everything into a blender.
- Blend on high until thoroughly blended (a minute?)
Yummy creamy zucchini soup! Note: More water makes the soup thinner so before blending I pour off some water. I have also pressure canned this soup, but don’t know what it will taste like after storage.
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? In this weekly recipe column, we place emphasis on recipes that use long term storage foods, recipes for wild game, dutch oven and slow cooker recipes, and any that use home garden produce. If you have any favorite recipes, then please send them via e-mail. Thanks!