The following recipe for Chocolate Pudding or Pie Filling is from SurvivalBlog reader Joe T., This makes enough for one large pie or six chocolate pudding servings.
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 2-1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons of corn starch mixed with 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Heat all except corn starch and vanilla.
- Just before boiling, add corn starch and vanilla.
- Stir with wire whisk for one minute while boiling.
- When it thickens, pour into pie crust or individual serving dishes.
- Let cool before eating.
- Top with whipped cream, and serve.
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? In this weekly recipe column, we place emphasis on recipes that use long term storage foods, recipes for wild game, dutch oven and slow cooker recipes, and any that use home garden produce. If you have any favorite recipes, then please send them via e-mail. Thanks!