January 7th, 1963, was the birthday of Senator Rand Paul.
This is also the birthday of Cresson Kearny (born 1914, died December 18, 2003
And this is also the birthday of Bent Faurschou-Hviid, known as The Flame (born 1921, died October 18, 1944). The Flame was a red-haired Danish resistance fighter in the Holger Danske Group during World War II. His exploits were dramatized in the movie Flame and Citron.
For those who have asked: The special 15th Anniversary waterproof USB SurvivalBlog archive sticks should be orderable by about January 15th, and orders will be mailed starting in the first week of February. Watch for an announcement in SurvivalBlog around the 15th. Thanks for your patience!
SurvivalBlog Writing Contest
Today we present another entry for Round 92 of the SurvivalBlog non-fiction writing contest. The prizes for this round include:
- The photovoltaic power specialists at Quantum Harvest LLC are providing a store-wide 10% off coupon. Depending on the model chosen, this could be worth more than $2000.
- A Gunsite Academy Three Day Course Certificate. This can be used for any of their one, two, or three-day course (a $1,095 value),
- A course certificate from onPoint Tactical for the prize winner’s choice of three-day civilian courses, excluding those restricted for military or government teams. Three-day onPoint courses normally cost $795,
- DRD Tactical is providing a 5.56 NATO QD Billet upper. These have hammer forged, chrome-lined barrels and a hard case, to go with your own AR lower. It will allow any standard AR-type rifle to have a quick change barrel. This can be assembled in less than one minute without the use of any tools. It also provides a compact carry capability in a hard case or in 3-day pack (a $1,100 value),
- Two cases of Mountain House freeze-dried assorted entrees in #10 cans, courtesy of Ready Made Resources (a $350 value),
- A $250 gift certificate good for any product from Sunflower Ammo,
- American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) is providing a $300 certificate good towards any of their DVD training courses.
- A Front Sight Lifetime Diamond Membership, providing lifetime free training at any Front Sight Nevada course, with no limit on repeating classes. This prize is courtesy of a SurvivalBlog reader who prefers to be anonymous.
- A Glock form factor SIRT laser training pistol and a SIRT AR-15/M4 Laser Training Bolt, courtesy of Next Level Training, that have a combined retail value of $589,
- Two 1,000-foot spools of full mil-spec U.S.-made 750 paracord (in-stock colors only) from www.TOUGHGRID.com (a $240 value).
- Naturally Cozy is donating a “Prepper Pack” Menstrual Kit. This kit contains 18 pads and it comes vacuum-sealed for long term storage or slips easily into a bugout bag. The value of this kit is $220.
- An assortment of products along with a one-hour consultation on health and wellness from Pruitt’s Tree Resin (a $265 value).
- Three sets each of made-in-USA regular and wide-mouth reusable canning lids. (This is a total of 300 lids and 600 gaskets.) This prize is courtesy of Harvest Guard (a $270 value)
- A Royal Berkey water filter, courtesy of Directive 21 (a $275 value),
- Two Super Survival Pack seed collections, a $150 value, courtesy of Seed for Security, LLC,
- A transferable $150 purchase credit from Elk Creek Company, toward the purchase of any pre-1899 antique gun. There is no paperwork required for delivery of pre-1899 guns into most states, making them the last bastion of firearms purchasing privacy!
Round 92 ends on January 31, so get busy writing and e-mail us your entry. Remember that there is a 1,500-word minimum, and that articles on practical “how-to” skills for survival have an advantage in the judging.
Was the rally in Washington, D.C., January 6th, 2021, a buffalo jump after all?
I think I follow you, but not sure. What are you saying?
Color us completely unsurprised. Disgusted, tired, but not at all surprised. They got away with it the first time – why not do it again and again as long as it works? 🙁
Yea, Trump mentioned there was a 50,000 vote spike in the middle of the night. Amazing how that worked out. Looks like Stacey Abrams won another battle with the help of her sister, the judge. Too bad there will not be any investigation, from any government at any level.
I’m just spitting angry today. I have mixed feelings about what has transpired at the Capitol. But I don’t have mixed feelings about the reaction to it. The people were clear with demonstrating, they want an investigation into election mishandling. The media changed their narrative to portrait what earlier this year would be called “mostly peaceful demonstrations demanding a political answer”, to “vicious mob of radicals, dangerous to listen to”.
I’ve really given up on this country. Political violence WILL escalate as specific segments of society are denied a platform to voice their grievance.
The politicians respond by, rescinding their complaint. I don’t agree with violence as a primary method of making change, but where the line is, for reasonably people, gets closer every day.
Yes Lily, christians are called to be peace makers. Which is why I’m going to leave the United States. I think this is an evil nation, which has fully rejected God, and has rejected all the decency His wisdom has given us. I make plans to leave in six months, and quite literally sail to the “undying lands”…
I wore the uniform in Iraq and Afghanistan. Perhaps, perhaps the election wasn’t rigged. We will never know, but if it was free and fair, that is worse.
I’ve also been holding on the social media for communication with people I know, but today I deleted it. The TraceBook app…
Maybe in the wilderness we will find our respite.
It sure looks to me like Ashli Babbitt was herded to her death (like a buffalo). The Anonymous OP is spot on.
Look at all the USCP right behind her with, weapons hot, as she is shot in the neck by USCP right in front of her.
I suggest watching and making a screen recording of these videos while they are still available.
MORE important than the DC event:
Dr Seheult top 10 tips if you get the SARS COV2 virus…..which my daughter in the Redoubt just got diagnosed with.
To make their life even more interesting, her husband got tested as negative for COVID but he showed Positive for Influenza A ( he works for a medical company at a hospital).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN30emwcNS4 including excellent advice for monitoring your condition and home care, including adjustments for elevation differences.
I´d it in the family, now we´ve it in the house
I feel like we are living in a bad dream, instead of reality. It feels surreal to see through the media lies and propaganda, while the majority do not.
Why me? Why do I see the deception and evil and so many others do not? I do not know. Somehow, it must have a purpose in my life to further the gospel. The one thing I know for sure is, that Jesus came to save sinners.
I lived the first 13 years of my life not even knowing what sin was. I remember the evening I was in my bedroom, and Jesus opened my mind, eyes and heart to what sin was. There was no crying on my part, just an understanding of the fact that I was a sinner, and Jesus would forgive me. I asked Him to forgive me, and I have been confessing my sins to Him ever since. I love that we can pray directly to Jesus, and do not need an intermediary.
I have a renewed appreciation of what multitudes of people must have felt centuries ago when Jesus was crucified. Confusion, of why Jesus didn’t fix the evil government and social problems when He could have.
Jesus came to do the will of His Father. He came to save sinners…
Since I cannot fix what just happened back East, I wanted you to know what I can do. I can pray for you all. You are dear to me and encourage me.
-PJGT is starting her seven weeks of chemo after 17 months battle.
-ShepherdFarmerGeek is recovering from emergency spinal surgery.
-RKRGRL68 is continuing recovery from neck fusion surgery and lots of pain.
-Patriot NP is recovering from major surgery from just before Christmas.
-KB’s vision; Had a second glaucoma surgery.
-OldHomesteader lost 60% of his lung functionality from covid & was selling his farm.
-CD’s husband had major colon cancer level 3 surgery last March.
-Telisilla of Argos has an adult, special needs son.
-Bear has a special needs son; veteran spouse needs healing; strength & wisdom buying new property; daily needs with little children.
-Kim in Ky has son needing salvation; wants to move to a retreat.
-BWL’s wife is terminal.
-Wormlady’s husband is terminal.
-SaraSue continued growth and recovery from older traumatic brain injury; possible new retreat with more acreage and for her family members to join her.
-Deb desires relocation in the redoubt for her family.
-(senior moment, name escapes me!) Guy who broke his foot! complete recovery.
-Pudge, plus all those currently in military; safety and multitude of blessings
-David n Goliath, work
-Capt Nemo, work
-LSM family in TX needs better paying jobs
-Chris in Arkansas, continued good jobs for kids, opened eyes/understanding and help from adult kids; desires relocation.
-Animal House, blessings.
-Once a Marine, and sweet spouse, blessings.
-Scott, his wife of 5 years is stuck in a different country on lockdown.
-Tunnel Rabbit, good health, safety and manna from God.
-St. Funogus, blessings from Jesus.
-ThoDan, blessings from Jesus.
-BinWY, Farmer’s Wife, Grits in Montana, Annie, Montana Guy, 3AD Scout, Surviormann99, John McDonald, Outlaw, Mountain Trekker, Jima, D.D., JW and
Armed Citizen, JBH, plus the hundred other names I can’t remember right now of SBlog readers, and last but not least, JWR and Avalanche Lily, and their daughter whose tooth needs to come down…
BLESSINGS, PROTECTION, LOVE and PROGRESS in 2021.
***Please forgive me if I left out your name; you are still prayed for, smile.
You are amazing. You remind me of what is important right now. Your post is just what I needed. Thank you.
And what are your prayer needs if you would like to share them?
JBH, My youngest son, his fiancé and toddler son need salvation in Jesus, and no mark of the beast. He needs healing from an abusive father who claimed to be a Christian; a wolf in sheeps clothing, smiling in public, yet cruel in private… The rest of my children and grands love the Lord. Thank you sooo much.
It is one of the most difficult things to have a loved one who is not a believer. I will pray for them.
You bless me. Thank you.
I am touched and teary eyed that you include me in your prayers.
God bless you. You are such a precious person and a beautiful blessing
Krissy…your post brought me to thankful, joyful tears that your intercession comes into our lives and blesses this community more than you/we know this side of eternity. THANK YOU!
It is a much-needed balm for souls at this time. Respite from the weariness of this world…priceless!
Yes, exactly this. Thank you so much dear Krissy, for re-focusing us on things above and for your prayers and encouragement. <3
Prayer is the truest 'hand-to-hand combat'!
How are you doing in your house hunt? Any hot leads?
Holding you in the light.
Carry on in grace
Once a Marine, I thought I found property and rejoiced on New Year’s Eve.
Alas, it has fallen through, so I am still looking, while preparing my house to put up for sale and move. I did find a builder. That is a good thing!
Thank you for asking. Blessings to you and sweet spouse.
As soon as I saw your name, I clicked the reply.
Then, I went back and read your blessing post. Am nearly in tears. You have nourished my soul this day.
Carry on in grace
Jesus called to me not to long ago (actually, he’s been knocking for a while, but life…) and said it was time to come back to the church. I just muddle my way through it, but wonderful posts like yours reminds me of why I came back.
Anna, Every once in a while, you meet someone, and you can tell that they really like you. It’s like that with Jesus. The more you get to know Him through the Word, the more you understand how much He loves you.
He promises to always be with us. He said He knew us before the foundations of the world. He promises that if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins.
How will we know if we love Him back? If we love Him, we will follow His commandments. Gahhh! Now there’s the rub. Not easy to do, hence the confession and forgiveness of sins. I think it is absolutely wonderful that there is no sin too great for Jesus to forgive.
Thank you for sharing your heart. There are many fabulous women on this blog who walk close to the Lord. May we learn from them together, Krissy
Krissy, your prayer journal is amazing and a blessing to us all. Thank you.
Thank you for continued prayers. It is so much appreciated. Have a blessed 2021.