We’ve announced the winners of Round 85 of the SurvivalBlog non-fiction writing contest.
The top three prize winners will share more than $12,000 worth of prizes. The winners are…
First Prize Winner:
- A $3,000 gift certificate towards a Sol-Ark Solar Generator from Veteran owned Portable Solar LLC. The only EMP Hardened Solar Generator System available to the public.
- A Gunsite Academy Three Day Course Certificate. This can be used for any one, two, or three day course (a $1,095 value),
- A course certificate from onPoint Tactical for the prize winner’s choice of three-day civilian courses, excluding those restricted for military or government teams. Three day onPoint courses normally cost $795,
- DRD Tactical is providing a 5.56 NATO QD Billet upper. These have hammer forged, chrome-lined barrels and a hard case, to go with your own AR lower. It will allow any standard AR-type rifle to have a quick change barrel. This can be assembled in less than one minute without the use of any tools. It also provides a compact carry capability in a hard case or in 3-day pack (an $1,100 value),
- Two cases of Mountain House freeze-dried assorted entrees in #10 cans, courtesy of Ready Made Resources (a $350 value),
- A $250 gift certificate good for any product from Sunflower Ammo,
- American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) is providing a $300 certificate good towards any of their DVD training courses.
Second Prize Winner:
- A gift certificate from Quantum Harvest LLC (up to a $2,200 value) good for 12% off the purchase of any of their sun-tracking models, and 10% off the purchase price of any of their other models.
- A Front Sight Lifetime Diamond Membership, providing lifetime free training at any Front Sight Nevada course, with no limit on repeating classes. This prize is courtesy of a SurvivalBlog reader who prefers to be anonymous.
- A Glock form factor SIRT laser training pistol and a SIRT AR-15/M4 Laser Training Bolt, courtesy of Next Level Training, which have a combined retail value of $589,
- A $300 purchase credit for any of the products from EMPShield.com
- A Three-Day Deluxe Emergency Kit from Emergency Essentials (a $190 value),
- Two 1,000-foot spools of full mil-spec U.S.-made 750 paracord (in-stock colors only) from www.TOUGHGRID.com (a $240 value).
- An assortment of products along with a one hour consultation on health and wellness from Pruitt’s Tree Resin (a $265 value).
Third Prize Winner:
Third prize goes to Mrs. Alaska for Food Production at a Remote Home, which was posted on November 15, 2019. She will receive:
- Good2GoCo.com is providing a $400 purchase credit at regular prices for the prize winner’s choice of either Wise Foods or Augason long term storage foods, in stackable buckets.
- Three sets each of made-in-USA regular and wide-mouth reusable canning lids. (This is a total of 300 lids and 600 gaskets.) This prize is courtesy of Harvest Guard (a $270 value)
- A Royal Berkey water filter, courtesy of Directive 21 (a $275 value),
- Expanded sets of both washable feminine pads and liners, donated by Naturally Cozy (a $185 retail value),
- Two Super Survival Pack seed collections, a $150 value, courtesy of Seed for Security, LLC,
- Mayflower Trading is donating a $200 gift certificate for homesteading appliances.
Honorable Mention Prizes Winners
The writers of the Honorable Mention prize winning articles will each receive $30 Amazon gift certificates.
The nine prize-winning articles are:
- One Last Chance, by J.W.F.
- Getting Out of Dodge, by Doc (3-Part Article)
- Living The Homesteading Life Dream, by 3 AD Scout (3-Part Article)
- How Plastic Saved Our Homestead, by H.P. (2-Part Article)
- A CONEX Cabin at Our BOL, by Montana Guy
- My Ankle Ammo Rig, by Spotlight
- Signals Intelligence for Regular Folk, by Tunnel Rabbit (2-Part Article)
- Testing My Grid Down Preps in the UK, by Culian
- Adventures in Beekeeping by K. in Tennessee
Get Busy Writing!
Round 86 began on December 1st and runs for 60 days, so please get busy writing and e-mail us your entry soon. Remember that there is a 1,500-word minimum, and that articles on practical “how to” skills for survival have an advantage in the judging.