- 4 oz. saltine crackers
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Line cookie sheet with saltine crackers in single layer. (A 10×15” sheet works well.)
- In a sauce pan, combine the sugar and the butter.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes.
- Immediately pour over saltines and spread to cover crackers completely.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Spread melted chocolate and top with chopped nuts.
- Cool completely and break into pieces.
o o o
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!