SurvivalBlog Writing Contest – Round 34 Winners Selected
First Prize goes to J.B. in Montana for Preparing Kids for Disasters, posted on May 28th. He will receive: A.) A course certificate from onPoint Tactical. This certificate is for the prize winner’s choice of three-day civilian courses. (Excluding those restricted for military or government teams.) Three day onPoint courses normally cost $795, and B.) Two cases of Alpine Aire freeze dried assorted entrees in #10 cans, courtesy of Ready Made Resources. (A $400 value.) C.) A 9-Tray Excalibur Food Dehydrator from Safecastle.com (a $275 value), D.) A $250 gift certificate from Sunflower Ammo , and E.) An M17 medical kit from JRH Enterprises (a $179.95 value).
Second Prize goes to Bryan R. for A Guide to Chemical Warfare Preparation, posted on May 24th. He will receive: A.) A Glock form factor SIRT laser training pistol. It is a $439 value courtesy of Next Level Training. B.) A “grab bag” of preparedness gear and books from Jim’s Amazing Secret Bunker of Redundant Redundancy (JASBORR) with a retail value of at least $300, C.) A $250 gift card from Emergency Essentials, and D.) two cases of Meals, Ready to Eat (MREs), courtesy of CampingSurvival.com (a $180 value).
Third Prize: goes to “Notutopia” for How to Winnow, De-Hull, and Clean Your Own Home-Grown Grains, posted on May 6th. She will receive: A.) A Royal Berkey water filter, courtesy of Directive 21. (This filter system is a $275 value.) , and B.) Expanded sets of both washable feminine pads and liners, donated by Naturally Cozy. This is a $185 retail value.
Honorable Mention Awards: The writers of the 14 following articles will each receive a $30 Amazo.comn gift certificate, via e-mail:
- The Forest’s Sweetener–How to Make Maple Syrup, by Melissa T.
- Buying In Bulk–What We Have Learned, by J.S.P.
- Predator-Proofing Your Property, by John L.
- Survival and Special Needs Loved Ones, by Mrs. H.
- Preventing Grain Spoilage by Insects, by Jim in New Hampshire
- How Long Will Your Provisions Last?, by D.G.
- Living in a Small Town – An Australian Perspective, by Margaret G.
- My Kids are Preppers Too!, by The Non-Nurse
- Survival Preparation in Small Spaces: How to Grow and Store in the Space You Have, by L.N. in Texas
- The Unrealistic Mentality of the Modern Survivalist, by Bryan R.
- A Real World Test of My Preparations, by Daisy in Canada
- Raising Rabbits for Meat, by L.L. in Missouri
- Survival Security Tactics–In All Locations, by Roy K.
- Maps Can Save Your Life, by S.B.
Note to the prize winners: Please let me know your e-mail addresses for the Amazon.com gift certificates. (Those will be sent via e-mail.) I’ll also need both the USPS and UPS addresses for the top three prize winners.
Today we also present the first entry for Round 35 of the SurvivalBlog non-fiction writing contest. The prizes for this round will be identical to those in Round 34.
Round 35 ends on July 31st, so get busy writing and e-mail us your entry. Remember that articles that relate practical “how to” skills for survival have an advantage in the judging.