Note from JWR:

If reading SurvivalBlog has substantially added to your survival knowledge and family preparedness, then please consider becoming a 10 Cent Challenge subscriber. Less than 2% of regular SurvivalBlog readers have done so, with the other 98% assuming that “someone else will do it.” Please be that someone else. Subscriptions are 100% voluntary, and greatly appreciated. Thanks!