- 3 cups self-rising white flour
- 1 1/2+ cup Bulgarian buttermilk (not low fat)
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix flour and buttermilk together to form dough. If needed, add extra buttermilk. Do not over mix.
- Put a little flour on counter; dump dough on counter and knead four times.
- Turn dough over and pat to about an inch thick.
- Cut out biscuits with cutter or pinch off in small balls.
- Place in a cast iron skillet or baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray or coated with a light coat of bacon grease or shortening.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, depending on how brown you like your biscuits.
- Serve with butter and jam/sorghum, etc. or gravy.
o o o
Useful Recipe and Cooking Links:
SurvivalBlog Reader J.C. sent in the link to this Video of making bread without kneading it: Bake A Sandwich Loaf With No Machine and Without Touching The Dough
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!