Here is a recipe I invented using leftovers from baked potatoes to make tacos:
- After scrubbing well and baking, slice the top of the potato with a sharp knife lengthwise end to end.
- Eat all of the baked potato, scraping excess potato from the skin. (Not too hard, you don’t want holes in the skin.)
- The skin is now ready to be used as a tortilla, thereby cutting back on tortilla carbs, if dieting, or gluten, if sensitive.
- Holding the skin of the potato in one hand, you are now ready to apply a filling.
- Being a girl from Texas, I put picante sauce with a little bit of cheese in my TACO LOCO. However, I also enjoy a dash of “BUTTER BUDS” with a few drops of water on occasion. (BUTTER BUDS can be found in the baking section of the grocery store.)
- Fold, heat, eat, and enjoy! YEE HAW!
PS: Potatoes, in the form of potato flour, are often used to replace grain flours, so should be safe if you are on a gluten-free diet.
o o o
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlogreaders? Please send it viae-mail. Thanks!