- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 to 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (8-oz) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (16-oz) cans kidney beans, drained
- In a skillet or slow-cooking pot with a browning unit, break up beef with a fork and cook until lightly browned.
- Pour off the excess fat.
- In a slow-cooking pot, combine the meat with onion, salt, chili powder, bay leaf, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, and kidney beans.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove the bay leaf and serve.
Makes 6 to 7 servings.
o o o
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!