Depression era cake with no eggs.
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter (or oleo)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup raisins, chopped
- Boil sugar, raisins, water, butter and spices for 5 minutes, let cool.
- Mix flour, soda, baking powder, salt, and pecans together and add to first mixture.
- Pour into paper lined pan 9x5x3.
- Bake at 350 deg for 40 to 55 min.
- Cool 5 minutes and turn onto cake plate.
- Remove paper.
o o o
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!