- 1/2 lb ground chuck
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 green onion stems, chopped
- 1 (4 oz) can of mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 (15.5 oz) can of (Spartan) chile beans
- 1 (15 oz) can of (Meijer Naturals) tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of (Spartan) petite diced tomatoes
- Chopped jalapenos, chili powders, and salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- Saute diced onions, drained mushrooms, green pepper, and ground chuck in coconut oil.
- In a crock pot on low to medium heat, add canned beans, tomatoes, and tomato sauce.
- Drain grease off of sauteed meat/vegetables, and add to pot. Stir and leave on heat until you are ready to dine.
- You may wish to add jalapenos, chili powders, or salt and pepper to taste.
NOTE: It is recommended that this tomato-based food NOT be cooked in a cast iron cookware.
o o o
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!