My neighbor made me the most amazing oatmeal coconut pie. This is the Amish recipe for it.
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 Tbsp margarine, melted
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1 pie shell, unbaked (9 or 10 inch)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine ingredients (except pie shell). Mix with a wire whisk.
- Pour into pie shell and sprinkle with additional coconut.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
o o o
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!