- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ cups shredded carrots (2-3 medium)
- 1 cup shredded peeled apples
- ½ cup coconut
- ½ cup raisins
- ¾ cup sliced almonds, divided
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Paper or spray 18 regular sized muffin cups.
- Prepare the carrots and apple and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, oil, milk, and vanilla. Add flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; mix until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in prepared carrots, apple, coconut, raisins, and ½ cup of almonds.
- Fill muffin tins ¾ full, and top with remaining almonds.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes and remove from pan.
These muffins freeze well.
If you choose to use a jumbo muffin pan, like I do, you’ll have about 10 muffins and the bake time is closer to 25 minutes.
These muffins taste something like a carrot cake, just better.
o o o
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlogreaders? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!