- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup milk
- Combine all dry ingredient and blend well with whisk.
- Cut in butter until resembles coarse bread crumbs.
- Stir in milk until all comes together to form a dough ball.
- Turn out dough ball onto a heavily floured surface. Let set for a couple of minutes and then knead for about a minute and then re-flour surface and pat out to about 1/2? thick.
- Cut biscuits with floured biscuit cutter or thick drinking glass or a cup and place into ungreased baking pan.
- Form remaining dough into ball and repeat until all dough made into biscuits.
- Bake in 425-450 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.
This recipe will make approximately 12 biscuits and will freeze well too. Just place your cut biscuits onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper or parchment paper and place cookie sheet into freeze making sure to keep level. Once frozen remove and place into a freezer bag and place into freezer. When ready to use just follow baking directions and bake only the amount that you need, you do not have to bake all of them at one time.
o o o
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it viae-mail. Thanks!