- 2 cans chicken broth 14.5 oz (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 cup lentils (uncooked)
- 2/3 cup brown rice,or rice medley, and I’ve used white. (Not instant)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 chopped celery and carrots (Optional)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1 cup grated cheese (cheddar or a blend is preferable) Use more if you like.
- 3Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- . Mix all ingredients EXCEPT cheese in a baking dish. (I use an 11 x 7 pan)
- .Cover with foil and bake for 50 minutes.
- 3Then remove the foil, add the cheese, and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
o o o
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!