This is another 25+ year-old recipe, tried and true. I see many variations of it online, but I swear by this one being the easiest and tastiest of them all. For many years we called it “Christmas Pizza”, as it was tradition for me to pre-make it to a point the day before and then finish it and let it bake Christmas morning while Christmas presents were being enjoyed. Your children will love this.
- 1 favorite-style pizza crust (I favor a pizza crust box/packet mix as being the perfect middle ground between time-consuming homemade and an expensive premade one. Both Jiffy and Wal-Mart’s Great Value make an affordable and good mix that requires nothing more than hot water and a few minutes.)
- 1 lb. bulk sausage
- 1 c. frozen loose-pack shredded hash browns, thawed
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper
- 2 tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
- In skillet cook and crumble sausage till done; drain grease.
- While sausage is cooking prepare pizza crust on a lipped pizza pan (do not use a flat pizza stone).
- Sprinkle cooked sausage over crust, sprinkle with hash browns, and top with cheddar. (If pre-doing for next day, stop here, wrap well with plastic wrap, and refrigerate.)
- In mixing bowl or measuring pitcher whisk together eggs, milk, and salt and pepper. Carefully pour over pizza.
- Top with sprinkled Parmesan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
Makes 8 slices.
o o o
Useful Recipe and Cooking Links:
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlogreaders? Please send it via e-mail. Thanks!