A notable birthday: John Cantius Garand was born January 1, 1888 in St. Rémi, Quebec. John Garand designed one of America’s best known battle rifles, the M1 Garand. General Patton praised Garand’s design, writing to Chief of Ordnance Lt. Gen. Levin H. Campbell, Jr., (January 26, 1945): “The M1 rifle is the most deadly rifle in the world.” Garand died on February 16, 1974.
Archive USB Update
For those who have asked, here is an update on our upcoming release of the SurvivalBlog 2005-2019 archive waterproof USB sticks. To summarize:
- The archive now includes all SurvivalBlog posts and comments from 2005 through 2019.
- The stick’s contents this year will be so large that we had to switch to a more expensive 16 GB capacity stick. This will leave about 5 GB of free space for you load your personal photos, scanned documents, and e-books–making the USB stick ideal for packing in your bugout bag.
- The archive is once again on a waterproof and EMP-proof all-metal alloy stick with lanyard/key ring hole, secured by a threaded cap with o-ring seal. It is waterproof to three atmospheres of water depth. (100 feet = or 43.3 pounds per square inch. To be precise, that equates to 2.95 atmospheres.)
- In supplement all of the bonus books from the previous years, we’ve scanned a great selection of additional pre-1925 books that I’ve never seen offered elsewhere–almost 4,000 new pages! This includes an 800-page practical cookbook (circa 1923), a book on nut tree growing and pruning (circa 1924), the book Civilization During the Middle Ages (circa 1894), and the multi-volume Encyclopedia of Farm Knowledge (circa 1920). The archive just keeps getting bigger and better!
- Please consider making a gift of your older-edition archive sticks to like-mind friends or family members. It is important to share and preserve this knowledge.
- The archive waterproof USB sticks should be ready to pre-order by January 14th, and deliveries should begin on or before February 10, 2020. Please DO NOT contact us about ordering or reserving one for you before January 14th! Thanks for your patience.