Book Release Day! – Land of Promise
I’m pleased to announce that my latest novel, Land of Promise, is now available for ordering, both as a Kindle e-book and as a trade paperback. (An audio book and a Nook book will follow, in a few months.)
This is the first novel in a planned six-book series that I’ve dubbed the Counter-Caliphate Chronicles. The first book is set 30 years in the future, after the advent of an Islamic Caliphate that controls most of the world’s land mass, 60% of the world’s population, and nearly all of the planet’s oil and natural gas reserves. Though this book series will certainly appeal to fans of my Patriots novel series, be advised that it does not tie in to the storyline or characters in my earlier series. But like in the Patriots series, I have squeezed a lot of “practical and tactical” survival skills into the fictional storyline of Land of Promise. And yes, it has a glossary. The book’s Foreword was written by the outstanding voice of liberty Bill Buppert (founder of the ZeroGov forums), and there is an Afterword written by the inestimable Hugh J. Latimer (SurvivalBlog’s Managing Editor).
Because this novel includes some predictions of new technologies, it could be classified as science fiction. But to me, it is more of a “message” piece. In the Patriots series, the message was to wake up individuals about emerging threats and the need for family preparedness. But in the Counter-Caliphate Chronicles, the message is to warn the citizens of all of the Christian western nations about the threat of Jihadist Islam and to strongly encourage the establishment of nations of refuge for persecuted Christians. I’ve also stressed the importance of individual liberty. In essence: As long as a new nation needs to be established, then it ought to be a free nation! The level of individual freedom that I describe in the fictitious Ilemi Republic is bound to be controversial, but so be it. I am a Christian libertarian and unashamed of my beliefs.
Without writing any plot spoilers, I can tell you that the novel has plenty of drama and excitement. There are many characters that are based on real-life individuals. And the trends fulfillment that it describes is all-too believable. (This ties in to the recent news headlines.) This novel sets the stage for a series that will span the world and show cataclysmic events, all shown from the perspective of individuals who live through these turbulent times.
For today only (book release day–December 1st), the Kindle e-book is priced at just $2.99. But the price will go up to $3.99 tomorrow. So please order your copy today. The 351-page trade paperback edition is priced at $11.99, but that price is not expected to change significantly in the weeks to come.
Lord willing, the second novel of the series, titled Piece of Resistance will be released in November of 2016. I’m presently writing the manuscript of that book. It leverages off of the detailed groundwork in Land of Promise and describes the involvement of Ilemi citizens in supporting a war of resistance in totalitarian Islamist-ruled Nigeria. This novel includes most of the characters introduced in the first book, and reemphasizes the need for both religious liberty and a dedicated nation of refuge.
I am confident that you will enjoy reading Land of Promise. – JWR
o o o
The winners of Round 61 of the writing contest are being judged and will be announced tomorrow, December 2, 2015.
o o o
SurvivalBlog would also like to thank Quantum Harvest LLC who ran into a problem procuring parts for their Model 120 Series Solar Generator that they were providing for the writing contest (A $340 value). They instead upped the ante and replaced it with the Model 175 Series Solar Generator (A $439 value). Way to go Quantum Harvest!
o o o
Today, we present the first entry for Round 62 of the SurvivalBlog non-fiction writing contest. The nearly $12,000 worth of prizes for this round include:
- A Tactical Self-Contained 2-Series Solar Power Generator system from Always Empowered. This compact starter power system is packaged in a wheeled O.D. green EMP-shielded Pelican hard case (a $1,700 value),
- A Gunsite Academy Three Day Course Certificate that is good for any one, two, or three day course (a $1,195 value),
- A course certificate from onPoint Tactical for the prize winner’s choice of three-day civilian courses, excluding those restricted for military or government teams. Three day onPoint courses normally cost $795,
- DRD Tactical is providing a 5.56 NATO QD Billet upper with a hammer forged, chromlined barrel and a hard case to go with your own AR lower. It will allow any standard AR type rifle to have quick change barrel, which can be assembled in less than one minute without the use of any tools and a compact carry capability in a hard case or 3-day pack (an $1,100 value),
- Gun Mag Warehouse is providing 20 Magpul pmags 30-rd Magazines (a value of $300) and a Gun Mag Warehouse T-Shirt; (an equivalent prize will be awarded for residents in states with magazine restrictions),
- Two cases of Mountain House freeze dried assorted entrees in #10 cans, courtesy of Ready Made Resources (a $350 value),
- The Ark Institute is donating a non-GMO, non-hybrid vegetable seed package (enough for two families of four) plus seed storage materials, a CD-ROM of Geri Guidetti’s book “Build Your Ark! How to Prepare for Self Reliance in Uncertain Times”, and two bottles of Potassium Iodate (a $325 retail value),
- A $250 gift certificate from Sunflower Ammo,
- KellyKettleUSA.com is donating both an AquaBrick water filtration kit and a Stainless Medium Scout Kelly Kettle Complete Kit with a combined retail value of $304, and
- Two cases of meals, Ready to Eat (MREs), courtesy of CampingSurvival.com (a $180 value).
- A Glock form factor SIRT laser training pistol and a SIRT AR-15/M4 Laser Training Bolt, courtesy of Next Level Training, which have a combined retail value of $589,
- A FloJak EarthStraw “Code Red” 100-foot well pump system (a $500 value), courtesy of FloJak.com,
- A transferable certificate for a two-day Ultimate Bug Out Course from Florida Firearms Training (a $400 value),
- A Model 175 Series Solar Generator provided by Quantum Harvest LLC (a $439 value),
- A Trekker IV™ Four-Person Emergency Kit from Emergency Essentials (a $250 value),
- Twenty-five books, of the winners choice, of any books published by PrepperPress.com (a $270 value),
- A pre-selected assortment of military surplus gear from CJL Enterprize (a $300 value),
- RepackBox is providing a $300 gift certificate to their site, and
- Safecastle is providing a package of 10 LifeStraws (a $200 value)
- A Royal Berkey water filter, courtesy of Directive 21 (a $275 value),
- A $245 gift certificate from custom knifemaker Jon Kelly Designs, of Eureka, Montana,
- A large handmade clothes drying rack, a washboard, and a Homesteading for Beginners DVD, all courtesy of The Homestead Store, with a combined value of $206,
- Expanded sets of both washable feminine pads and liners, donated by Naturally Cozy (a $185 retail value),
- Two Super Survival Pack seed collections, a $150 value, courtesy of Seed for Security, LLC,
- Mayflower Trading is donating a $200 gift certificate for homesteading appliances,
- APEX Gun Parts is donating a $250 purchase credit,
- Montie Gear is donating a Precision Rest (a $249 value), and
- Two 1,000-foot spools of full mil-spec U.S.-made 750 paracord (in-stock colors only) from www.TOUGHGRID.com (a $240 value).
Round 62 ends on January 31st, so get busy writing and e-mail us your entry. Remember that there is a 1,500-word minimum, and that articles on practical “how to” skills for survival have an advantage in the judging.