I’d hate to be accused of Schadenfreude during the holidays, but I feel I must mention five recent news articles that tie in with my previous mentions of Mayor Bloomberg’s Mayors Against Illegal Guns civilian disarmament pressure group:
- Port St. Lucie Mayor arrested for misappropriation of campaign funds
- Ex-Morristown Mayor Cresitello will pay state $11K over alleged campaign finance violations.
- White Plains Mayor Adam Bradley Convicted of Attempted Assault and Other Crimes
- Mayor accused of ethics lapses
- Inglewood Mayor Dorn pleads guilty to conflict of interest, resigns
The number of mayors in Bloomberg’s group that are facing felony and lesser charges is simply astounding. Come to think of it, I have roughly the same number of friends as Bloomberg has members on the roster in his little hoplophobe club. But I couldn’t imagine having a dozen of my friends facing felony charges. Oh well, I guess that’s because I don’t move in the same lofty circles as Mayor Bloomberg.
And then there’s the scandals, more scandals, more scandals, and more scandals, and even an ongoing scandal that Bloomberg himself inherited when he took office.
With friends like these, at least Mayor Bloomberg has plenty of crime experts that he can consult for his “crime fighting” group.