Consider the implications of some recent events in America:
- The entire city of Boston is locked down under the equivalent of martial law, and house-to-house searches are conducted in one neighborhood without warrants. No uproar. No publicized post facto inquiries.
- John Corzine is not prosecuted for stealing more than a billion dollars from farmers and ranchers at MF Global. Nary a peep from the mainstream media.
- An Out-of-state “Marketplace Fairness Act” sales tax bill is ramrodded through the Senate. No uproar.
- The Fast and Furious scandal results in NO high-level dismissals from the BATFE or Justice Department, even though it was clear that it was ordered from the top. Few people are asking the President: What did he know and when did he know it? No uproar.
- Multiple Benghazi Cover-Ups. No huge Iran-Contra type congressional hearings. No dismissals.
- Asset Forfeiture by the Department of Homeland Security has become institutionalized. Hardly noticed.
- Justice Department snooping of Associated Press journalists’ phone records. No uproar.
- The Obama administration intentionally makes the sequester budget cuts as painful as possible by slowing down air traffic control, in a grandstanding move. No uproar.
- Attorney General Eric Holder threatens the State of Kansas for daring to assert its sovereignty. No uproar.
- An amnesty deal for illegal border-crossers is negotiated in the Senate back rooms with a mixture of bribes and arm-twisting, and it now awaits a perfunctory debate and a floor vote. No public outcry.
- Meanwhile, Legitimate hard-working, law-abiding refugees (homeschoolers) who properly applied for visas face deportation. This gets barely any notice in the mainstream press.
- A jury finds a late-term abortionist guilty of multiple murders and he is handed a life sentence. Hardly mentioned by the mainstream press.
- Bitcoin’s main banking interface (Mt. Gox) has its assets seized by the Department of Homeland Security. No mainstream news banner headlines. No uproar.
- Most blatantly, there were revelations of systematic targeting of conservative and Jewish groups by the IRS,–perhaps as many as 500 groups. At last there is some indignant bleating heard, but only because mainstream press deems it “newsworthy.” Few people are asking the President: What did he know and when did he know it?
- And as all of these monumental, riveting events are going on, what is the most sought after news story by Americans querying Google, Bing, and Yahoo search engines? Angelina Jolie’s hooters.
So much for enjoying “The most ethical and transparent administration in history.”
Eleven years ago, when the Department of Homeland Security was formed, were were promised that it would merely be an umbrella organization that would just coordinate the activities of existing agencies, and have no policing powers of of it own. Well, look at what it has become. With more than 230,000 employees, DHS is now the third largest Cabinet-level Federal department. DHS now has legions of cyber sniffers, blue-gloved crotch gropers, and asset seizers. I suspect that internal DHS checkpoints will be coming soon.
The worst sort of tyranny is the sort that isn’t even recognized by those who suffer beneath it’s yoke.
Can’t folks see how the nooses are being tightened around our necks? Don’t they recognize the collusion of the mass media? Where is the outrage? Where are the protests? I’ve concluded that the America’s rams got elastratred by the Public School system years ago, and now there are just a bunch of useless wethers. This is pathetic. If this continues, American liberty and free enterprise will end with just a few plaintive cries of “baa.” The sheep have eagerly followed a bucket of grain. Welcome to the slaughterhouse–or at least to the anteroom. – J.W.R.