SurvivalBlog Archive DVD Now Available
The SurvivalBlog Archive DVD is now available for ordering! This new edition includes all of the blog articles and letters from 2005 to 2013. It also includes the book Rawles on Retreats and Relocation in digital format, as well as JWR’s expanded selection of 37 public domain firearms manuals and U.S. military manuals in PDF format. (This is a considerable expansion of the bonus material from last year’s edition.)
The files on this DVD are fully keyword searchable and are provided in both HTML and PDF. Effectively, it emulates SurvivalBlog offline, on your PC. It runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
With this DVD, you’ll always have access to the SurvivalBlog archives, even if the Internet is not available. And if you are on-line while using the DVD, then the links to external web sites (from both HTML and PDF) are fully functional.
The amount of information on the archive DVD is immense. The HTML file is 87 megabytes and 1,331 pages long, if printed! (So we don’t recommend printing a hard copy.) The archive is available on DVD or via digital download. Once you have it, we recommend that you make a backup copy on a USB memory stick (must be 3 GB, or larger) to keep in your bug out bag.
This year’s expanded bonus materials include:
Rawles on Retreats and Relocation (Normally $28, in hard copy.) and
- Beretta 92FS
- Colt 1911 Series 90
- Colt AR-15
- Glock Pistols
- HK 91
- Mossberg 500
- Remington 870
- Ruger 10/22
- Ruger Mark II
U.S. Military and Other Manuals:
- Combatives FM 3-25.150
- FM 3-22.68 Machine Guns
- Grenades and Pyrotechnic Signals (2009 edition) FM 3-23.30
- Navy SEAL Sniper Training
- Nuclear War Survival Skills 1987 (from Oak Ridge National Laboratory)
- Ranger Unit Operations FM 7-85
- Telephone Sets TM 11-5805-201-12 (TA-312)
- Telephone Set TM 11-5805-243-13 (TA-1)
- US Army Special Forces Medical Handbook
- USMC FMFRP 12-43 Mines And Boobytraps
- USMC Survival FNM21-76 (MCRP 3-02F)
- Survival FM 21-76
- Camouflage FM 5-20
- Camouflage of Vehicles FM 5-20B
- Explosives and Demolitions FM 5-250
- Field Hygiene and Sanitation FM 21-10
- Fire-Fighting Operations FM 5-415
- First Aid FM 21-11
- Improvised Explosive Devices or IEDs TM 31-210
- Infantry Rifle Platoon-Squad FM 7-8
- NBC Decon FM 3-5
- NBC Protection FM 3-4
- Ranger Handbook SH 21-76
- Special Forces Unconventional Warfare TC 18-01
- Survivability FM 5-103
You will get all of this for under $20. Order your copy now.
o o o
JRH Enterprises is having a sale on AN/PVS-14 Gen 3+ Pinnacle Autogated night vision monocular/weapon sights for $2,595. These are brand new with a 10 year warranty and ships with all accessories, including a bonus rifle mount and shuttered eye guard. Also, the first 20 orders will receive a bonus Light Interference Filter (LIF) with their order.
o o o
Today we present another entry for Round 51 of the SurvivalBlog non-fiction writing contest. The $11,000+ worth of prizes for this round include:
- Gunsite Academy Three Day Course Certificate, good for any one, two, or three course (a $1,195 value),
- A course certificate from onPoint Tactical. This certificate will be for the prize winner’s choice of three-day civilian courses. (Excluding those restricted for military or government teams.) Three day onPoint courses normally cost $795,
- Two cases of Mountain House freeze dried assorted entrees in #10 cans, courtesy of Ready Made Resources (a $350 value),
- A $300 gift certificate from CJL Enterprize, for any of their military surplus gear,
- A 9-Tray Excalibur Food Dehydrator from Safecastle.com (a $300 value),
- A $300 Gift Certificate from Freeze Dry Guy,
- A $250 gift certificate from Sunflower Ammo,
- A roll of $10 face value in pre-1965 U.S. 90% silver quarters, courtesy of GoldAndSilverOnline.com, (currently valued at around $180 postpaid),
- Both VPN tunnel and DigitalSafe annual subscriptions from Privacy Abroad (a combined value of $195),
- KellyKettleUSA.com is donating both an AquaBrick water filtration kit and a Stainless Medium Scout Kelly Kettle Complete Kit with a combined retail value of $304,
- APEX Gun Parts is donating a $250 purchase credit, and
- TexasgiBrass.com is providing a $300 gift certificate.
- A gift certificate worth $1,000, courtesy of Spec Ops Brand,
- A Glock form factor SIRT laser training pistol and a SIRT AR-15/M4 Laser Training Bolt, courtesy of Next Level Training. Together, these have a retail value of $589.
- A FloJak EarthStraw “Code Red” 100 foot well pump system (a $500 value), courtesy of FloJak.com,
- $300 worth of ammo from Patriot Firearms and Munitions. (They also offer a 10% discount for all SurvivalBlog readers with coupon code SVB10P .),
- A $250 gift card from Emergency Essentials,
- A full set of all 26 books published by PrepperPress.com (a $270 value),
- Two cases of Meals, Ready to Eat (MREs), courtesy of CampingSurvival.com (a $180 value),
- EP Lowers, makers of 80% complete fiber composite polymer lowers for the AR-15 rifles, is donating a $250 gift certificate,
- Autrey’s Armory — specialists in AR-15, M4s, parts, and accessories is donating a $250 gift certificate,
- Dri-Harvestfoods.com in Bozeman, Montana is providing a prize bundle with Beans, Buttermilk Powder, Montana Hard Red Wheat, Drink Mixes, and White Rice, valued at $333,
- TexasgiBrass.com is providing a $150 gift certificate, and
- Organized Prepperis providing a $500 gift certificate.
- A Royal Berkey water filter, courtesy of Directive 21 (a $275 value),
- A large handmade clothes drying rack, a washboard, and a Homesteading for Beginners DVD, all courtesy of The Homestead Store, with a combined value of $206,
- Expanded sets of both washable feminine pads and liners, donated by Naturally Cozy (a $185 retail value),
- Two Super Survival Pack seed collections, a $150 value, courtesy of Seed for Security,
- A MURS Dakota Alert Base Station Kit with a retail value of $240 from JRH Enterprises,
- Mayflower Trading is donating a $200 gift certificate for homesteading appliances, and
- Ambra Le Roy Medical Products in North Carolina is donating a bundle of their traditional wound care and first aid supplies, with a value of $208.
Round 51 ends on March 31st, so get busy writing and e-mail us your entry. Remember that there is a 1,500-word minimum, and that articles on practical “how to” skills for survival have an advantage in the judging.