Reader Daniel kindly sent us his recipe for hamburger and bean casserole.
- 1 can french cut green beans
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 small can of tomato Paste
- 1 Lb. Ground Beef, Browned and Drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups of Basmati rice
- Cook the rice.
- Brown the beef and drain off any grease.
- When the rice is nearly done, preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Lay down ground beef as a thin layer, in an oven-proof casserole dish.
- Add a layer of cooked rice.
- Continue layering, alternating all of the beef and rice.
- Spread the can of cream of mushroom soup
- Sprinkle on the french cut green beans
- Finish with a layer of diced tomatoes mixed with tomato paste on top
- Cook in oven @350 F for about 45 minutes.
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? In this weekly recipe column we place emphasis on recipes that use long term storage foods, recipes for wild game, dutch oven and slow cooker recipes, and any that use home garden produce. If you have any favorite recipes, then please send them via e-mail . Thanks!