November 26th is the birthday of both gun inventor Eugene Reising  (born 1884, died February 21, 1967) and the late Barton Biggs (born 1932, died July 14, 2012). Biggs  was a money manager known for his pro-preparedness stance. Reising was best known as the designer of the Reising submachinegun. (Pictured.)
I just got word that Palmetto State Armory  (one of our affiliate advertisers) has started their week-long Black Friday sale. They have their 16″ Mid-Length 5.56 NATO 1:7 Nitride Classic Upper with Bolt Carrier Group & Charging Handle in Flat Dark Earth (FDE) on sale for just $219.99. To find this, type “5165457990” in their search box, to find this item. Meanwhile they have match complete lowers on sale for $129.99. Just type “7779346” in their search box, to find this item. If you slap that upper on that lower then–aside for a magazine and a rear sight (or optic)–you’ll have a complete M4gery for less than $350! That is a great deal. If you can afford to, then I recommend that you buy several sets.
They also have their Nitride MPI Full-Auto AR-15 Bolt Carrier Groups on sale at just $49.99! Paste item number 516446953 into their search box. If you own two or more ARs, then you should keep at least one complete spare Bolt Carrier Group on hand!
And if you have an AR lower already on hand, then don’t miss their Midlength 5.56 NATO 1:7 A2 Nitride Freedom Rifle Build Kits, at $289.99. Just type “507279” in their search box, to find this build parts kit.
Order soon, since quantities are limited, and they are not taking back orders at the Black Friday prices.
SurvivalBlog Writing Contest
Today we present another entry for Round 85 of the SurvivalBlog non-fiction writing contest . The more than $12,000 worth of prizes for this round include:
- A $3,000 gift certificate towards a Sol-Ark Solar Generator  from Veteran owned Portable Solar LLC. The only EMP Hardened Solar Generator System available to the public.
- A Gunsite Academy Three Day Course Certificate. This can be used for any one, two, or three day course  (a $1,095 value),
- A course certificate from onPoint Tactical for the prize winner’s choice of three-day civilian courses , excluding those restricted for military or government teams. Three day onPoint courses normally cost $795,
- DRD Tactical is providing a 5.56 NATO QD Billet upper . These have hammer forged, chrome-lined barrels and a hard case, to go with your own AR lower. It will allow any standard AR-type rifle to have a quick change barrel. This can be assembled in less than one minute without the use of any tools. It also provides a compact carry capability in a hard case or in 3-day pack (an $1,100 value),
- Two cases of Mountain House freeze-dried assorted entrees  in #10 cans, courtesy of Ready Made Resources (a $350 value),
- A $250 gift certificate good for any product  from Sunflower Ammo,
- American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) is providing a $300 certificate good towards any of their DVD training courses .
- A gift certificate from Quantum Harvest LLC (up to a $2,200 value) good for 12% off the purchase of any of their sun-tracking models , and 10% off the purchase price of any of their other models.
- A Front Sight Lifetime Diamond Membership , providing lifetime free training at any Front Sight Nevada course, with no limit on repeating classes. This prize is courtesy of a SurvivalBlog reader who prefers to be anonymous.
- A Glock form factor SIRT laser training pistol and a SIRT AR-15/M4  Laser Training Bolt, courtesy of Next Level Training, which have a combined retail value of $589,
- A $300 purchase credit for any of the products  from EMPShield.com
- A Three-Day Deluxe Emergency Kit  from Emergency Essentials (a $190 value),
- Two 1,000-foot spools of full mil-spec U.S.-made 750 paracord  (in-stock colors only) from www.TOUGHGRID.com (a $240 value).
- An assortment of products along with a one hour consultation  on health and wellness from Pruitt’s Tree Resin (a $265 value).
- Good2GoCo.com is providing a $400 purchase credit at regular prices  for the prize winner’s choice of either Wise Foods or Augason long term storage foods, in stackable buckets.
- Three sets each  of made-in-USA regular and wide-mouth reusable canning lids. (This is a total of 300 lids and 600 gaskets.) This prize is courtesy of Harvest Guard (a $270 value)
- A Royal Berkey water filter, courtesy of  Directive 21 (a $275 value),
- Expanded sets of both washable feminine pads and liners , donated by Naturally Cozy (a $185 retail value),
- Two Super Survival Pack seed collections , a $150 value, courtesy of Seed for Security, LLC,
- Mayflower Trading is donating a $200 gift certificate for homesteading appliances.
Round 85 ends on November 30th, so get busy writing and e-mail  us your entry. Remember that there is a 1,500-word minimum, and that articles on practical “how to” skills for survival have an advantage in the judging.