There is a developing story that has not been reported by the mainstream media yet, and its effects are far reaching. In 1992, federal agents squared off against Randy Weaver and his family/friends in an incident known as “Ruby Ridge”. While the merits of Mr. Weaver’s case can be and has been argued, the bottom line is the Federal Government used inappropriate, overwhelming force and tactics in dealing with the situation. (We might also mention that there was no real disciplinarian action taken against those who were guilty of taking innocent American lives either.)
We now have, what appears to be, another similar incident shaping up in Nevada. The Moapa Valley Progress reports that one of the rancher’s sons has been arrested in what is clearly inappropriate restriction of First Amendment rights.
When Ruby Ridge occurred, and again when Waco occurred, citizens were incensed and promised that that would never happen again. Now, the excesses are occurring again. We need to pay attention and support those who are inappropriately targeted by government.
“I’d like for you to re-read the entry of 11-12-13. American Liberty at the Crossroads. Especially JWR’s comments at the end. We now are faced with another Waco/Ruby Ridge style standoff in Northwestern Clark County, Nevada. The ranchers name is Cliven Bundy and the Feds on Saturday have already stolen his cattle. They (the Feds) even have the gall to put up “First Amendment Zones” for those who want to protest!!!!!. I thought 99% of this country was a 1A zone. Mr. Bundy has the support of the community, and I also think it’s time for local Patriots to act like Jim outlined in his comments.”
Each of us should prayerfully consider what the right thing to do is. If you are led to support Mr. Bundy in any way, you should do so. Who knows, the perimeter that the jack-booted thugs set up around Mr. Bundy may end up having a perimeter of freedom-loving patriots around it. We should also note that Nevada is an open carry state. At minimum, I think all Patriots should include Mr. Bundy and this situation in their prayers.
Today we present another entry for Round 52 of the SurvivalBlog non-fiction writing contest. The $11,000+ worth of prizes for this round include:
- Gunsite Academy Three Day Course Certificate, good for any one, two, or three course (a $1,195 value),
- A course certificate from onPoint Tactical. This certificate will be for the prize winner’s choice of three-day civilian courses. (Excluding those restricted for military or government teams.) Three day onPoint courses normally cost $795,
- Two cases of Mountain House freeze dried assorted entrees in #10 cans, courtesy of Ready Made Resources (a $350 value),
- A $300 gift certificate from CJL Enterprize, for any of their military surplus gear,
- A 9-Tray Excalibur Food Dehydrator from Safecastle.com (a $300 value),
- A $300 Gift Certificate from Freeze Dry Guy,
- A $250 gift certificate from Sunflower Ammo,
- A roll of $10 face value in pre-1965 U.S. 90% silver quarters, courtesy of GoldAndSilverOnline.com, (currently valued at around $180 postpaid),
- Both VPN tunnel and DigitalSafe annual subscriptions from Privacy Abroad (a combined value of $195),
- KellyKettleUSA.com is donating both an AquaBrick water filtration kit and a Stainless Medium Scout Kelly Kettle Complete Kit with a combined retail value of $304,
- APEX Gun Parts is donating a $250 purchase credit, and
- TexasgiBrass.com is providing a $300 gift certificate.
- A Glock form factor SIRT laser training pistol and a SIRT AR-15/M4 Laser Training Bolt, courtesy of Next Level Training, which have a combined retail value of $589,
- A FloJak EarthStraw “Code Red” 100 foot well pump system (a $500 value), courtesy of FloJak.com,
- Acorn Supplies is donating a Deluxe Food Storage Survival Kit with a retail value of $350,
- The Ark Instituteis donating a non-GMO, non-hybrid vegetable seed package–enough for two families of four, seed storage materials, a CD-ROM of Geri Guidetti’s book “Build Your Ark! How to Prepare for Self Reliance in Uncertain Times”, and two bottles of Potassium Iodate– a $325 retail value,
- $300 worth of ammo from Patriot Firearms and Munitions. (They also offer a 10% discount for all SurvivalBlog readers with coupon code SVB10P .),
- A $250 gift card from Emergency Essentials,
- A full set of all 26 books published by PrepperPress.com (a $270 value),
- Two cases of Meals, Ready to Eat (MREs), courtesy of CampingSurvival.com (a $180 value),
- Autrey’s Armory – specialists in AR-15, M4s, parts, and accessories is donating a $250 gift certificate,
- Dri-Harvestfoods.com in Bozeman, Montana is providing a prize bundle with Beans, Buttermilk Powder, Montana Hard Red Wheat, Drink Mixes, and White Rice, valued at $333,
- TexasgiBrass.com is providing a $150 gift certificate, and
- Organized Prepperis providing a $500 gift certificate.
- A Royal Berkey water filter, courtesy of Directive 21 (a $275 value),
- A large handmade clothes drying rack, a washboard, and a Homesteading for Beginners DVD, all courtesy of The Homestead Store, with a combined value of $206,
- Expanded sets of both washable feminine pads and liners, donated by Naturally Cozy (a $185 retail value),
- Two Super Survival Pack seed collections, a $150 value, courtesy of Seed for Security,
- A MURS Dakota Alert Base Station Kit with a retail value of $240 from JRH Enterprises,
- Mayflower Trading is donating a $200 gift certificate for homesteading appliances, and
- Ambra Le Roy Medical Products in North Carolina is donating a bundle of their traditional wound care and first aid supplies, with a value of $208.
Round 52 ends on May 31st, so get busy writing and e-mail us your entry. Remember that there is a 1,500-word minimum, and that articles on practical “how to” skills for survival have an advantage in the judging.