The following recipe for Smoked Flavor Chicken With Chick Peas was kindly sent to us by Anne. This is a tasty and stomach-warming winter recipe that serves four adults.
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- One 12- to 16-ounce (1.5-cup) can of chopped tomatoes
- One 12- to 16-ounce (1.5-cup) can of chickpeas
- Chicken bouillon cube — or 1/4-pint of frozen chicken broth
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Cooking oil (of your choice)
- Heat the cooking oil.
- Saute the chopped onion and garlic for five minutes.
- Add the cubed chicken.
- Add the listed spices.
- Fry slowly, for about 10 minutes.
- Dissolve the chicken bouillon cube in a quarter of a pint of boiling water and then add this broth to the pan with the tomatoes.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Pour in the chickpeas.
- Add salt and pepper (to taste).
- Cook slowly for another 10 minutes to ensure chicken is cooked through.
Serve with bread and/or rice.
Do you have a favorite recipe that would be of interest to SurvivalBlog readers? In this weekly recipe column, we place emphasis on recipes that use long term storage foods, recipes for wild game, dutch oven and slow cooker recipes, and any that use home garden produce. If you have any favorite recipes, then please send them via e-mail . Thanks!